Doubt

A story made for revalibutwithravioli

~~~~~~

(Y/N) bowed, watching Princess Zelda stray away slowly from the group of Champions at the entrance of Hyrule Castle, heading over to her father's side. It was growing late and the ceremony for the Champions had been concluded and now over with.

(Y/N) stayed quiet the entire time, their nerves getting the best of them, worries flooding their mind.

I've made it this far but... How much farther can I go? I've got nothing much to offer except knowledge and mediocre battle skills.... I'll be the doom of us, the doom of Hyrule. I can't do this. I can't do this. I can't-

"Shouldn't you be heading back to Lurelin village by now? You're turning into a statue, standing there."

(Y/N) swiftly turned around and their eyes met with the piercing green of Champion Revali's. He stood there, much taller than the poor worrisome Champion below him. "I-I-"

"Or is it because you desired to bask in the greatness of my presence?" He added in his smug tone. (Y/N) looked away quickly, heat flushing their face.

"N-No...." (Y/N) stuttered, biting their bottom lip slightly. "My father said he was going to send a carriage my way, b-but...."

"Ah, so the old man forgot about you?" Revali concluded. (Y/N) furiously began to shake their head.

"N-No! I highly doubt that, I'm forgettable but not that forgettable." They murmured, then listened to the awkward silence they provoked with that statement and laughed it off. "Maybe the carriage got lost, or a minor detour for supplies. The trip here from Lurelin is somewhat tedious."

Revali slowly nodded, then dug into a pocket hidden behind his Champion's scarf. He pulled out a small bag of rupees and handed them over to (Y/N).

"Well, if that's the case use these to get yourself a room at the nearby stable. And maybe a horse if the carriage takes too long to arrive." Revali explained. (Y/N) nodded, then gave Revali a big smile.

"Alright, thank you." They spoke. Revali's feathers perked up slightly, but not enough to be noticed by (Y/N). Revali looked away, somewhat surprised and flustered by the thanks.

"Yeah, yeah. It's nothing much. Consider it an honor that I did this for you." He muttered.

"Yes, I do consider this an honor." (Y/N) replied, their smile only growing wider. Revali just glanced at them with a simple huff then began to fly away. (Y/N) watched Revali soar high in the sky until he was nothing but a small dot.

(Y/N) took a deep breath, looking at the bag of rupees in their hand and began counting them as they made their way to the local stable.

As they walked in, they were greeted by the stable owner, then they paid a sum of 35 rupees, meaning they had 45 left.

(Y/N) went over to one of the beds and sat down. It wasn't the softest, but it was comfortable. Outside, they watched the fire crackle and glow softly as their storm of thoughts came back into their mind.

Thoughts of doubt came in like a tsunami as they played around with their blue fabric that was tied around their neck like a tie with the symbol of their Divine Beast Vah Arsia, which resembled a graceful dragonfly.

I'm not much compared to Revali. He's quite powerful and intelligent, he created his own power too. What was it called? Revali's Flap? No- Gale. Revali's Gale. I can never amount to something like that. All I have to provide is knowledge. Things I know about Hyrule and Ganon's monsters. I may know the absolute most about them but what use will that knowledge serve if I can't use it for myself? I'm useless on the battlefield. I'll be the death of us all once Calamity Ganon rises.