thirteen.

TW; SMALL MENTIONS OF ABUSE. (like very small)

THE NEXT FOUR DAYS are very boring, except for when Caius would occasionally stop by and make sure Jordyn didn't cut herself once again

Jordyn is now sat in the gazebo, soaking up the sun. This is the first time she's left her room in four days, and honestly, part of her is scared that another vampire would attack her after her blood was spilled, even with her disposing of the tissue properly.

But, none had showed up so she assumed shes safe, and she is, thankfully.

On the way to the gazebo she picked up some yellow flowers and placed them in her hair, pushing it out of her face.

The sun is shining brightly in the middle of the sky, beaming down directly onto Jordyn, heating up her face and her neck.

Shes so relaxed that she doesn't even hear the vampire walk up and sit next to her.

The only thing that grasps her attention, is a little tap on her shoulder by a cold finger.

She slowly opens her eyes and turns her head to see Caius sitting next to her.

"Whats up, blondie?" Jordyn asks, her mood uplifting in his presence.

Caius sighs at the nickname, "I had an idea."

"Well that can't be good," Jordyn laughs, "what is it?"

Caius scowls at her, "I feel we should perhaps get to know each other."

Jordyn deadpans at him, "You came up with that? Yeah, right."

Caius sighs in defeat, "Aro and Marcus came up with the idea, practically made me do it."

Made him do it? So he didn't want to? Jordyn frowns at that but pushes the negatives away. At least hes doing it.

"Do we just ask questions about each other?" Jordyn asks.

"Sure, why not." He shrugs.

"Okay well, when's your birthday?" Jordyn goes with the easiest question there ever was.

Caius shakes his head, "I'm not sure. I can't remember,"
He sounds almost sad about it, "when is yours?"

"That's kinda sad," Jordyn frowns, "mine's September 13th."

"I don't remember much from my human years." Caius tells her.

"Does that not upset you? Not remembering anything?" She questions.

"I remember a small bit, and from what I do remember my life wasn't the best. I'm pretty certain my father was abusive." His voice slowly turns into a whisper.

He's really never talked about that with anyone—on purpose— because he doesn't think he could trust anyone with that information, until now. What a strange feeling.

Jordyns heart sinks and she suddenly feels teary eyed, no one should have to go through that.

"Caius, I'm so sor-"

Caius cuts her off, "Please," Caius rolls his eyes, "don't say 'I'm sorry,' it was over three thousand years ago, Jordyn."

Jordyn nods, "Right," she clears her throat, "it's your turn, by the way."

Caius raises a pale eyebrow, "My turn?"

"To ask me a question." She answers.

"Oh, yes," he thinks for a moment, "what's your favorite color?"

Jordyn rolls her eyes, "Dude, that's literally the most basic question," she shakes her head, "it always changes but I'll have to say yellow. What's yours?"

"Brown." He simply responds.

Jordyn laughs, "Brown? Why brown?"

Because, her eyes are brown, her hair is brown.

It may sound cliche, but Caius can't help it, it's just the way he feels.

He shrugs, "No one ever picks that color. Your turn."

"Do you bleach your hair?" Jordyn holds in a laugh.

Caius looks deeply offended at the question, "No? Why would I-"

Jordyns loud laugh interrupts him, he narrows his eyes at her and shakes his head.

"Your turn again, blondie."

Caius sighs, "What was your childhood like?"

"It wasn't the best, I guess," Jordyn looks down at her feet, "my mom left with Bella and I when we were only a few months old," she sighs, "she favorited Bella over me a lot, she still does...I think it's because Bella's a lot smarter than me, but I don't know." She finishes.

Jordyn has never really talked about deep stuff like this, even with her twin sister, but it feels nice opening up.

Caius doesn't respond, instead he watches as tears pool in Jordyns eyes and as she blinks them away.

In a swift movement Caius takes the flowers out of her hair, causing it to fall down and frame her face.

He leaves his hand by her face, the cool temperature causing chills to form on Jordyns skin.

Jordyns heart beats annoyingly fast at the contact.

Their faces are now inches apart.

Caius can't help but look down at her light pink lips, they're lush and smooth.

He moves his thumb down to her lips and traces them lightly.

Jordyns cheeks heat up at the action, the little sparks that are left in the places his thumb glided over are addicting.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that." Caius's voice is barely above a whisper, his cool mint scented breath hits her face.

His thumb now traces her cheekbone, a trail of sparks following behind it, "It doesn't bother me anymore." She replies.

That's when he leans in, connecting their lips.

***

well that escalated quickly 🙂🤌🏼 I've been trying to get them to kiss for SOO long but i never could find the right moment loll

edited: 8/29/22