~Vitamin D~

Long Chapter ahead!

Cameron's POV

I hate people.

Why even bother doing something if you're not going to do it fucking right?

I have been sitting in my office for what seemed like the whole day. One of our shipments was filled with things that I didn't order nor paid for. I have been trying to fix the problem from here while Leo threatened them in person. 

He got sidetracked when he saw a video of a baby trying a lemon for the first time and went and bought a lemon for himself. 

It was utterly dark in the room. The curtains were closed so not even New York could give me any light. The only thing that lit up the room was the computer screen illuminating my face in an unhealthy glow. 

I'd rather have the light of a screen than the sun though. The sun was unnecessarily bright. 

Ariella says that's why I'm "Vitamin D deficient". 

Or whatever the fuck that means. 

But I know she's had plenty of vitamin D from the last few weeks. 

I remember the time I said that to her face. She turned into a cute little tomato. My tomato.

I checked the time. It read 2:13 a.m. 

After almost 7 hours of working on this and I was almost done. I was caught off guard by the door creaking open, revealing a very drowsy Ariella that wore one of my shirts that went down to mid-thigh. 

I got up instantly, slightly troubled about why she wasn't asleep. She looked up at me through her heave eyelids, her green eyes lighting up immediately. She smiled tiredly, putting her arms around my neck as I picked her up by the back of her thighs, her legs wrapping around my torso.

I didn't know my body was rigid until she touched me. My whole body relaxed and my mind was put at ease as I sank into her embrace. 

Her body felt cold to the touch, like ice. I pecked her cheek, sitting us down on the couch, and wrapped a blanket around her that was thrown next to us. 

"Why aren't you asleep?" I whispered, moving her blonde locks away from her face. She cuddled impossibly closer together, our bodies melting together perfectly. Her face was buried into my neck, her soft breath making a small smile reach my lips. 

"I couldn't," she uttered, wrapping her arms tighter around my neck. 

I'm sure she could feel my heart hammering against my chest. 

My hand wandered up to her shirt, or more like my shirt, revealing her lace panties. I traced her spine, her skin warming up instantly. 

"Did you eat?" she suddenly whispered, her hands following to hold mine. 

"Yes," I lied, slowly easing my body as I played with her fingers. She slowly lifted her face from my neck, looking at me with her best sleepy suspicious gaze. 

She's adorable.

"I don't believe you," she mumbled as she crossed her arms, giving me her best glare.

Anger and tiredness don't work on her. 

A for effort though. 

She looked like a grumpy puppy that got woken up from a nap. 

I couldn't stop myself from smiling, cupping her face as I kissed her nose. 

"My grumpy puppy," I cooed at her.