sixteen.

JORDYN TOSSES YET another dress down onto the floor

"Chelsea, it's no use." She sighs and kicks one of the many pieces of fabric laid on the floor.

"Oh, please. I can make anything look good." Chelsea says as she continues to skim through Jordyns dresses.

"If you can actually find something." Jordyn retorts.

"Aha," Chelsea plucks a light blue and very short dress from a rack, "this?"

Jordyn takes one glance, "No."

"Why not?" Chelsea frowns.

"I'd rather not have my ass hanging out tonight." Jordyn says.

Chelsea rolls her eyes and throws the dress onto the discard pile.

After many dresses and many no's later, Jordyn finds a dress she actually likes.

It's a thigh high yellow sundress, paired with a little white cardigan and white converse.

Chelsea looks at her watch after Jordyn is fully dressed, "It's about time."

Jordyn nods and looks at herself through the mirror, "How do I look?"

Chelsea hums, "Perfect," she glances down at her watch quickly, "we should be going now."

Chelsea places a hand on Jordyns back and directs her out of the closet, stepping over the piles of dresses.

The two walk down to the gardens, Jordyn chatters nervously that whole way there, Chelsea just listens, amused.

Jordyn has been on dates in the past, so this is nothing new, but she's never been on a date with a vampire king that looks like an actual Greek God. Hell — she doesn't even know if this is a date.

The two stop in front of the very familiar doors that lead out to the gardens, Chelsea pushes them open for Jordyn and gives her an excited smile, "Have fun, be safe."

Jordyn rolls her eyes playfully, "Okay, mom."

Chelsea joyfully rolls her red eyes, but the smile still laces her red lips.

Jordyn steps outside, hearing the heavy doors close behind her.

A little gust of wind lightly blows her hair around her face, she fixes her ruffled hair and looks around for a sign of Caius, but the scenery distracts her.

Its gorgeous outside, its twilight, the sky holds many colors, pink, orange, and some purple, they mesh together and melt together as the sun sets over the horizon.

"I do love this time of day." A smooth voice whispers from behind Jordyn.

She immediately recognizes the voice and spins around on the pebbles, her face is inches away from his.