EIGHT

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

My eyes remain on the picture of Kassian with his family, or whoever they were

My eyes remain on the picture of Kassian with his family, or whoever they were. In a way I was fascinated, he puts on this shield that everyone can see. He's cold and he's blunt but it's all a front, something has ticked him off and for some reason he wants to shine it on everyone else.

He likes to be dominant, anyone could see that but in my opinion he seems like a sloppy Alpha. Never able to make his mind up, one day he wants to kill me and the next his pack sit up and talk about it.

It's obvious to see that he values his packs opinions, even if he doesn't want to admit it. Making choices off his own back come across as rash and erratic, that's why I think Nella is so close to him. To level out his choices before he ends up getting their whole pack killed with a stupid irrational decision.

He might be a good pack leader but I haven't seen anything that makes me believe he knows what he's doing. Maybe I just hated him, evidently the curse was bombarding my opinions.

The hairs on my arms begin to stand as my wrist is snatched backwards, not even realising that I was no longer alone. Too involved in my own thoughts to realise.

My body is pulled from the room and out into the hall within a second, Kassian's sweaty body towering over mine. He wasn't wearing a t-shirt but his skin glistened against the light, his biceps trapping me between him.

"You have absolutely no fucking respect, do you?" He snarls in my direction.

Keeping my eyes locked on his, watching him carefully as he edges his face closer to mine. "I allow you to stay here and you think you have the right to be in my personal space?!"

Deep down I knew he was right but I couldn't admit it, no matter how hard I tried. The curse begun to bubble up inside my throat, waiting for me to spur nasty remarks in defence but I knew I couldn't challenge him anymore than I already have.

So instead I clench my throat, grind my teeth down and attempt to push away my venomous tongue. "I—," I start, Kassian's eyes narrowing towards me. "I was bored."

"I don't give a flying fuck," he spits towards me, watching as his eyes cloud with anger. "You step in my way one more time and I'll chuck you out, I don't care about what Hope or Alfie say."

My head nods towards him slowly. "Maybe you should have just killed me," I respond sourly, my body relaxing the slightest. "Would have make your job easier."

Kassian's jaw clicks as he blinks one, forcing his face directly in mine. "If it wasn't for Nella you probably would be, so stay out of my goddamn way. I don't want to see your face."

"Fine." I say shortly. "I'll stay away."

He watches me for a moment like I was having him on but he releases himself from the wall, pushing away and turning into his room. My eyes blink back as he slams the door shut loudly, making my body shiver for a moment.