seventeen.

A THROBBING HEADACHE ripples through Jordyns head, stirring her awake

She groans and sits up in her bed, squinting at the brightness of the room. She quickly puts her tangled hair up into a bun.

"You look like ass." A familiar, heavily accented voice speaks.

Jordyn opens her eyes and flips Demetri off, "Be quiet." She snaps.

Demetri snickers, "How was your night?"

"Good." She says before yawing.

"Did anything happen?" Demetri plops down next to her on the bed, earning a light scoff from the human.

Jordyn rubs her eyes while answering, "Like?"

Demetri groans at her obliviousness, "Like...did you two make out?"

"You're just like Jessica," Jordyn hops down from the bed, leaving Demetri to lie there alone, "and no, I don't think so."

"Why not?" Demetri follows her to the bathroom.

Jordyn grabs her toothbrush, "I got drunk like really early into the date."

"Are you sure you didn't?" Demetri frowns.

"I'm pretty sure," Jordyn replies with her toothbrush in her mouth,"why does it matter?"

Demetri sighs, "I have a bet going with Jane and Felix."

Jordyn glares at him through the mirror, she spits out the toothpaste before speaking, "And that bet is?"

"That you made out with Master Caius." His voice turns into a whisper, like he's ashamed of what he's telling Jordyn, but Jordyn knows hes not.

Jordyn laughs and places her toothbrush back into the holder.

She leaves the bathroom with Demetri right behind her.

"Won't you be in trouble if he finds out?" Jordyn asks.

Demetri shrugs, "It wasn't my idea, so... hopefully not."

"You vampires gossip more than teenage girls, I swear." Jordyn shakes her head.

Demetri scowls at her.

***

JORDYN KNOCKS ON the thick wood door, the sound booming through the empty stone halls.

She stands awkwardly outside of Caius' art room, waiting for the door to be pulled open.

It finally opens and Jordyn sighs, "Finally." She mumbles under her breath before smiling up at Caius, hoping that he didn't hear her.

"Jordyn." Caius smiles back at her and pushes the door open even wider, allowing Jordyn into the room.

"Hi, blondie." Jordyn looks around at the art hanging on the walls, still as amazed as before.

She pauses once she notices the portrait of the blonde woman is gone, in its place is a new painting of the hills that surround Volterra.

"What happened to that one painting?" Jordyn asks, her eyes still lingering on the vibrant landscape.

"I got bored of it." He shrugs and takes Jordyns hand, walking her over to the paint splattered couch.

"How are you feeling?" Caius asks once they're both sat on the couch.

Jordyn shrugs, "Fine, I woke up with a headache but other than that... good."

"Did you have fun last night?" He sounds nervous to ask the question, and he is nervous, because he wanted her to have a good time and worries that she maybe did not.

Jordyn smiles, "Yeah, I did—from what I remember, at least."

Caius smiles back, "Good, I enjoyed myself as well."

"We didn't make out did we?" Jordyn furrows her eyebrows.

"Uh, no," Caius answers slowly, "why?"

"Demetri was wondering if we did and I couldn't remember." She shrugs, though inwardly, she's laughing at the fact that Demetri lost his little bet.

Caius sighs, "He is like a child."

Jordyn laughs, "That he is."

***

this is just a little filler ig

edited: 9/27/22