1. | 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞𝐬

"Oh, (Y/N)! It's going to be so much better for me!"

You tilt your head to the side.

"And they all said I'll 'never succeed'," Onceler scoffs, a sarcastic laugh leaving escapes his lips.

You observe as the raven boy checks himself over in the mirror one last time before getting ready to leave. It's going to be really weird not going over to visit him anymore. Life in the city gets too hectic sometimes, and staying out on the farm, with him, and his family, was relaxing in its own way. You've grown to enjoy it.

You frown at him. He notices your wobbling grimace in the reflection, and stops messing with his hair. He turns his gaze to your sulking figure from behind him, a eyebrow furrowed. "What's with the face?"

You shake your head, and walk up beside him. "Nothing." Your voice mumbles. "I'm just going to miss you, that's all." You feel your shoulders shrug.

Onceler chuckles, looking down at you with soft features. There's a soft heat that lights up your face, but you force it away.

You can't have feelings for him. Unfortunately, it just wasn't going to happen. Onceler doesn't seem to feel the same, it seemed, and he's too busy trying to start his career. He doesn't have time for relationships. It was just one of those unfair things that life liked to throw at you.

A soft sigh escapes your heavy chest, and his expressions change once again.

A cold hand makes its way to pinch your cheek, and he smiles warmly down at you. "Aww, (y/n)! How sweet. Of course you're going to." Onceler goes back to looking at himself in the mirror. "At least somebody will." He adds, a soft chuckle leaving his lips, and he shakes his head.

You form a lopsided smile and look away from him. "Your family will, too. Don't let them fool you."

"Nah, they're seeming allot better off without me here." A sigh escapes him now, trailing over to his suitcase on the floor.

You follow suit, smiling a bit. The smile was trying to be reassuring for him.
"Screw them. You've got so much potential! I just know you can make this thneed!" You smile up at him.
He returns your lightens features with a soft smile back, and gives your figure a quick hug.
"You're awesome. I'm going to miss you the most!"

"You better," you smirk. He looks over his shoulder at you and smirks back, holding his luggage in his hand. "Help me out, will ya?" He asks, nudging his shoulder in the direction of where his other suitcase lays on the floor.

You roll your eyes and pick it up, trudging to the door with him. "Maybe I don't want to." You pout, jokingly.

Outside, the sun was beaming, though you felt like it should have been raining, to match your sulky attitude. It was warm in the country out here, but you'd have gotten used to it, on account of all the times you'd spend your days with Onceler, here.

The two of you head out to his carriage and set the bags inside of the tent. They weren't as heavy as you thought they'd be. Though, most things he had been carrying out, were bags of marshmallows. That boy had a sweet tooth like no other.

You walk up to to the old, family mule, strapped up to the carriage, and give Melvin a firm pat on the back. In return, he huffs at you, bobbing his head. With gentle hands, you hold his head, and look him in the eyes, with a soft smile. "You better take good care of him," You tell the old mule. "Make sure he gets to wherever it is he's going, safely."

The mule snorts, nodding his head up and down again.

"Talking to animals again, huh?" Oncler asks, now, standing behind you, with a hand on his chin.
Startled, you turn over your shoulder and smile awkwardly. "Just making sure Melvin is all good."

The raven boy rolls his eyes with a smile. "Don't worry!" He chuckles, "I'm going to be fine!"
Your lanky friend places his hands on your shoulders and gazes down at you. You look down, avoiding his blue eyes, briefly.

If you catch yourself staring too long, you know you'll regret it. It's just going to hurt more. You mean, after all, this was your best friend, your crush, walking out of your life.

"I know, I know," A mumble leaves your lips, and you taking yourself out of his grasp. "I'll have to visit you."

"Yes! You totally should!" Oncler grins, throwing his guitar in the front seat. He jumps up in the seat, and holds the guitar in his hands. "Just give me a call. I'll only be two rings away." He winks.

You smile, giving him a nod. "Alright. I will."

"I'm gonna hold you to that!" He shoots a finger at you, as if making a point. You smile wider at his own lively grin, spreading across his face.
His hands start strumming the guitar around his body, rapidly, and yells at Melvin. "Let's go find me a thneed!"

You can't help but to smile sadly, waving as he trails off.

"Bye, Y/N!" He sings out.

You fight back the negative thoughts in your head, depression making its way into your brain, using it as a warm, dark, home.
With the wave of your fingers, you force a smile back to him. "See you soon."

________________________

Hello !

I hope you guys like this !
I know it's a bit short,
but I figured I'd just get the
goodbyes out of the way

Please comment and vote
if you like the chapter !
Thank you !