11. -THE NEW DEAL

━━━━The New Deal━━━━

The past few days had been filled with radio silence from Klaus. Everyone was on edge, Damon however was upset that Stefan had ruined his plan to kill Klaus.

Salem on the other hand had been ungrounded due to her mother's concern for her lack of a social life, not that many people cared to talk to the girl.

She'd spent the entire morning at The Grill, sketching a young girl that had to be about her age. She was utterly breath-taking though Salem had never seen her in her life, her features were sharp and calculating yet something like the devil and a bit of an angel shone in her eyes.

"She kind of looks like you, the nose, the lips, the face shape," Elena said startling Salem as she took a seat. The two hadn't spoken much aside from Elena messaging her every day to see if she was okay, she had been the only one to do so.

"Figured you were on team Damon, screw Salem am I right?"Salem questioned closing her sketchbook, making Elena sigh as she reached out to hold Salem's hand. The contact brought comfort considering Salem hadn't slept much, she felt sick about what had happened.

She was a killer now and it wouldn't leave her. She had died and that haunted her, the fact that she was alive haunted her even more.

"Damon's just worried, he can be an ass but he cares. He blames himself more than anything about what happened to you, partly why he's beating himself up over there," Elena said as they both glanced toward the bar where he was drinking and Ric watched.

Salem was always taking her friend's sides on instinct, maybe hoping the most they would do was get Klaus to leave and never come back. Though now that they had managed to find a way to kill him, she wasn't signing up for it. She cared for him, more now than ever.

It terrified her how she was starting to feel something real for him, he had taken care of her when she needed him most, he hadn't judged her when she felt like a monster.

Then the kiss, she could still feel his lips on hers as if his kiss had permanently marked her. She wished she could tell someone, talk to her friends about it like normal teenage girls gossiping about their crushes.

Though nothing was normal about any of it and her friends all despised him, it would only give them more reason to doubt her. She had to bite her tongue from blurting I kissed Klaus to Elena.

I know you want to be here for me but right now I'm alone, stuck in the middle and I can't be mad at you of all people for wanting Klaus dead. He hurt you in ways that I should be disgusted by, but that's the problem Elena, it doesn't.

She wanted to say to her but she couldn't shake the nausea rising with the thought, the look of hurt that would cross Elena's face the confession that would condemn her.