forty two

chapter forty two
"i love you!"

      "OKAY, EVELYNN, YOU CAN DO this

      "OKAY, EVELYNN, YOU CAN DO this."

      Lynn strongly exhaled a shaky, nervous breath as she swung a leg over her parker motorcycle. She untucked the helmet she had been wearing, placing it gently on the top of the fabric.

She glanced upwards towards the sky, wincing as she was surprised by the raindrops that had trickled down her face. Lynn didn't know that it was supposed to thunderstorm today, so she hadn't dressed properly.

Then again, how do you dress properly to see the man you so deeply care for when you found out he's actually alive and not dead at the bottom of a escalator?

Lynn scratched her neck anxiously as her eyes just stared intently at the building that Derek's apartment belonged to. She had yet to speak the man, only finding out from Aiden on their way back from the cancelled meet that Derek was alive.

Scott had texted him, but there was no reply, and so Lynn sat the entire bus ride home busy in thought. What she would say to him when they saw each other, what she would be feeling, etc.

"This is stupid," Lynn grumbled to herself, facepalming as she awkwardly clenched her eyelids shut. "Stop acting like a pussy, Evelynn."

"I thought I was the one who would have a concussion, not you."

Lynn jerked her head upwards from staring at the cement, and her pink lips fell slightly ajar as she saw the man standing a few feet in front of her. She practically jumped up at the easily recognizable voice, but she couldn't help but allow a little gasp to escape her lips.

He was really alive, Derek Hale was standing right in front of her — perfectly fine and breathing.

"Derek," Lynn stated, a sort of breathlessness in her tone of voice, and even though her lips were still spread open, she couldn't muster out another word.

Derek skipped the small amount of space between the two of them by crashing his lips onto Lynn's — his warm hands stretched across her cheeks as she immediately kissed him back. Her palms went to his chest to balance out, and Derek's thumb softly caressed her soft cheek.

But almost immediately as the kiss began, Lynn suddenly jerked her body backwards from the strongly muscled man. A slightly shocked expression crossed Derek's face, and just as soon as he peeled open his mouth to surely question what was wrong — he was cruelly interrupted.