Chapter 1: Gearing Up

Cover art by: Me! -Admin April ( please dont save/ repost.)
--------------

Having no blinds to shield one's eyes from a raging sun should be banned by law, or even religion. But who can blame you when you had just moved in. Surely after a few weeks, maybe months, you'd be all settled in right? Curse the madman of a previous owner of this place that took the blinds. Who even does that?

Thank the heavens or anything you believe in that you don't need to go to work, when work's right here.

Truthfully you haven't fully unpacked all your stuff just yet, but you had the most important things set out. That consisted of: your desk, computer, camera and lighting. Everything you need and more to even afford this place.

You're a streamer, you sometimes find it difficult to comprehend how you were able to go from 10 viewers to a few hundred and now a couple thousand with maybe about 1 MILLION followers. Look at you go! It's a blessing, but just as it is a blessing it's somewhat a curse. Only at times though.

You see, it's incredible to be able to work from the comforts of your home, doing what you like most without a boss, or a company breathing down your neck and claiming your achievements as their own. You're absolutely and undeniably grateful for it.

Yet it's at times when you find yourself desperate for a break that you start watching the numbers closely, anxious if you'll lose followers and supporters just by taking some well needed time to gather yourself. Not saying you don't trust your returning viewers and many supporters, but there's only so much you can do to assure yourself of a stable career, when this career is truthfully far from stable most of the time.

Today, is the awaited stream of your return, after you took a break to settle into your new home. As much as you were excited, it couldn't be helped that exhaustion was taking over after days of endless unpacking. You wondered if you even had that much stuff to begin with.

Nevertheless, you summoned all your energy, along with your excitement to form the perfect aura for the stream to begin (and hopefully stay) lighthearted and funny. You sat at your desk and set everything up to start the stream, in a matter of minutes there flashed your "STARTING SOON" screen, as you proceeded to set things up further, and waited for the notification to reach your followers for them to further unite in chat.

A couple of minutes pass and you finally open your face cam to reveal your welcoming smile to the viewers. "HELLO CHAT! I'd usually be the one to say welcome back but it seems to be the opposite case today. Thank you all so much for the warm welcome and for being so patient with me through this move. I couldn't have made it this far without your support."

You continue your string of gratitude but you haven't failed to read the donations flying in, excited for your return. Opening Minecraft as your viewers never grow bored of seeing that bright 'MOJANG' logo in bold red letters to greet you each time you start up the game.

And as if the chat wasn't already exploding with hype, you announced the presence of one of your good friends that'd be joining you through the stream. You didn't need to say the rest of his name before everyone was HOLLERING at the start of hearing 'GeorgeNotFound'. Man, maybe you should feel jealous at just how much he was a crowd's favorite, despite sleeping 17 hours a day.

You chuckle in amusement "And the crowd goes wild I see." Your comment earns a laugh from George as he throws in a comment of his own, "what can I say I'm just that popular" and you couldn't help but laugh "uh chat looks like we WON'T be joined by Mr.Georgenotfound-" the discord disconnect sound was audible with a 'du-dun', when you jokingly left the vc for a few seconds, before joining back after reading the hurricane of 'NOOOOOO's in your chat.