Zyla

My feet hurt in these freaking heels but I need the money . My barely there dress is so short , half of my ass is showing . I am so uncomfortable but I make sure that my face doesn't show it . I walk towards the staff toilet and immediately take off my heels and just feel the cold tiled floor beneath my feet. I breathe ..inhale ....exhale I start feeling tears running down my chicks . I brush them away and keep breathing steadily.

I go pee and wash my hands. The toilet is lit up by fluorescent lights , looking down at my body . I feel so exposed physically and mentally , I would never wear such a dress in public yet here I am doing exactly that. I reach for my fanny pack to count the tips I made so far.

Six hundred and one  dollars isn't bad for being on my feet for the past four hours . I do quick calculations in head and I'm still short by a few hundred dollars. I put on my heels despite my feet's protest, I run my fingers through the weave I have on , putting on a coat of lips stick, taking a deep breath I plaster on that fake smile and walk out of the stuff area of the club.

I walk towards the VIP section of the club, Stella has my tray filled with the complicated drinks my customers ordered . I seriously wonder what happened to men that just drank something simple like Jack Daniels and coke. Picking up the tray , I shake my behind to the booth where the six handsy men are , I place their drinks in front of them and remove the empty classes .

I feel someone's palm right at my ass and resist the urge to bitch slap the fucker . The more they touch the more tips I get and the more I'm disgusted with myself . I look at who the hand belongs to and it's some fat guy in an expensive suit. He places a bill in my fanny pack ,I walk to the bar to drop off their glasses.

Tending to the top tier society members of the city is no joke . They spend money like it grows on trees. Most of them are pigs that rule the world. It kills me to say this but without them I would be doing horrible things just to get by.

For the next two and half hours I work . At three o'clock I can't take anymore of these heels. I take them off as soon as the last drunk customer is out the door. Walking to the staff locker room I change from the nasty dress and just put on my grey sweat pants and a hoodie. I wear my flip flops , shove my work clothes and fanny pack in my tote bag. Thank the good gods that the club has cleaners , I don't want to be in this club anymore .

I search for my car keys in the bag and I walk to the parking lot. I drive to the apartment which is about a thirty minute drive from the club . I am so exhausted it has been a long ass day ,my brain is hurting from the banging music of the club . I get home in record time . Taking off my clothes I head to the shower, to wash off the memories of being groped by men the entire night.

Cleaning the apartment, making lunch for Lily and making sure her clothes for tomorrow is laid out takes me an hour .I finally get in bed but sleep takes forever to come . I open my laptop and continue with my thesis that is due next month.

I don't remember falling asleep but I instinctively know that it's time to get up. I swear my sleep was more of a nap , two hours of sleep went by really quickly. Laying in bed I mentally organise things that I need to accomplish before the day is over .

The list:
1. Make sure Lily gets to school on time
2. Pay Lily's school fees
3. Pay the rent
4. Get groceries
5. Look for a job at a better place
6. Attended classes
7. Make hair appointments for two

I'm out of the bed when I've completed my list . I shower and moisturise my body. After I dress in blue ripped jeans and a baggy black sweatshirt I make sure my bedroom is neat. I walk to the little kitchen , I start on making tea . Looking out the kitchen window I see drugs being sold .

Looking at the time I see that it's time to wake up Lily . I walk to her room but before I could open her bedroom door she opens it dressed in her school uniform .

" Good morning Li, you are up early" I turn, walking to the kitchen which is two feet away .  I drink my second cup of tea.

" Between you cleaning the entire apartment and the party across the street I'm surprised myself" she pulls out milk from the fridge .

" I'm so sorry Li, I just needed to . I really thought I was being quiet" I sheepishly say to a fifteen year old.

" La don't worry about it" She digs into her cereals

Going to the bathroom , I look at my hair I regret not getting it braided honestly. My hair is a mess and I don't feel like wearing a wig today. I put it in two puffy ponytails and just lay my edges .

"Li you want me  to do your hair ?" I don't feel like make-up but I put on some sunscreen.

"Yes, damn I wish I were a boy . I'd have a hair cut and keep it pushing" she says .

"You still could get one" she sits on the toilet and I get her hair sorted.

"I'm kinda scared to find out how my head is shaped . I mean once that hair is gone there's  no turning back and I ain't gonna wear a wig . The odds of someone pulling it off my head are steep" she replies with sass.

"You gave some thought to that. And yes I'll make the appointments at nine" tying her hair up and laying her edges I reply .

Grabbing our bags we walk out the apartment . I lock the door and make sure it's locked we walk to the stairs. Once we reach the parking lot, I see  Quincy waiting beside my car .