Chapter 1: The Arrival of the Cabin

As Connor, a regular NYPD Detective, walked down the path, the tall poles with leaves looming over him, the bird singing in the background up in the leaves, and the twigs and stones crunching under his boots, he felt at peace as he walked down the path, his hands deep in the pockets of his coat, the wind blowing through his face and hair, he saw squirrels climb up the brown poles as fast as they could, the woodland animals peacefully living their life in the woods, the place full of beauty. Yet, it held some mysterious secrets and lies.

He walked down the narrow walkway the twists and turns taking him in different directions, as he walked he could see something in the distance, he couldn't make it out at all as the thing or object he was looking at was too far away for him to get a better look at, he saw it was covered in leaves and branches so he implied that it looked abandoned from as far as he could see, he heard something ripple softly as he walked the path, he saw a little river flowing peacefully down the stream, the trees reflecting off the little sunlight piercing the trees, he took in the fresh air and smiled as he carried on his journey walking peacefully, he saw a fish jump out the river, its pale scales sparkling in the light, he marveled at the shine of the scales as the fish dived back into the cool river once more, he then carried on walking without a care in the world, the sound of the river soothing his mind over how hard his job as a detective was, he deserved some peace and quiet as this day was his part of his day off after solving an endless amount of cases. 

As he walked, he tripped over something, "what the hell..." he muttered as he picked up the object; it was gold with a beautiful design on the handle of it, "Why is this on the floor?" he said to himself, he shrugged and put it in his pocket and continued his walk, he didn't know why he picked up the object, it piqued his curiosity as to what it would open or lead him to, he was determined to find out what it would lead him too, he was nervous as he didn't know if what he would find would be a good thing or a bad thing, but he trusted his instinct and went to find out what he was going to find, maybe it was a treasure, maybe it would lead him to another world, or an abandoned mansion who knows but he was excited to find out what, he could have thought of the object as a bad thing, but still he wanted to find out.

As he walked, he saw a tall building; it looked like a cabin, its walls old and worn as if it had been there for years, all alone and sad, like a lost soul wandering all alone. "Woah, this place is old", he said to himself as he walked up the wooden steps; he took out the key and thought 'Let's see if this fits' he slowly put the key in and turned the lock; it opened with a silent click, he took the key out and put it in his pocket to keep it safe so he wouldn't lose it, he opened the door as it groaned as if was awakened from its sleep.

He felt scared to the brim, but he took a deep breath and said, "Here we go, Cabin, let's see what's inside" he walked inside, and the door slammed shut; he winced as he took out a flashlight and shined it everywhere "welp let's get started" he muttered as he started his search around the cabin, to see what it held and if there was more to it than meets the eye. 

He went inside the dilapidated building, the door's hinges groaning as he opened the weary door; a cloud of dust smacked him in the face. "Oh goddamn, this place reeks of death," he said, coughing, shooing the dust away. He went inside and saw the dilapidated inside of the cabin, the foggy windows letting in little light; he walked inside, shining his torch around the place; the floorboards groaned as he walked around, each step, a groan echoed inside the little cabin. 

He sighed, and as he searched the place, he heard footsteps outside; his heart paced as he swung round and had his gun out pointed at the figure. "Woah, dude, calm down" It was his partner Alex with his hands in the air; Connor sighed as he put his gun back in his holster. "Alex, you scared me!" he grumbled, taking a deep breath. "Sorry, It's just Arnold who told me you were checking out the place, and he said I should help you" Connor smiled a little. "It's okay, but I'm glad I've got help; I cannot search this place by myself" Alex put his arms back down and smiled. "I know it's super freaky, right?" He looked at Connor who nodded back at him. "I know, right, so freaky" Connor said as they looked around; they found old books, papers, photos and more which stayed in their places.