10.- SALEM ANNALISE BECKETT

━━━━Salem Annalise Beckett━━━━

Nineteen Years Ago

She could feel her fingers trembling as she stared at the shop. She had been trying to conceive for so many years until she had found out she was infertile.

The news had struck her so hard, she sobbed feeling like she had failed her husband. They had been wanting a baby so desperately and though deep down she knew something was wrong, she hadn't been ready to face it until now.

The thought of telling her husband made her heartache. She was afraid he would leave her, unhappy with the idea of adoption or that she couldn't carry his child. She didn't want to break his heart nor for him to break hers.

She had never been one to believe in witchcraft, the forces of nature or any of the other nonsense people had believed existed in the world.

However, she was beyond desperate. She had tried praying, manifesting, and everything else she could read on. She stared at the black door with a white pentagram painted on it. In the center was an iron eye for a peephole with several wind chimes made of bones hovering above it.

She had half a mind to walk away and never come back, to banish the delusion from her mind until the door swung open as if inviting her in.

She looked at the crimson red walls of the place before she slowly walked in, jumping when the door closed by itself behind her.

A dark woman sat at a table in the center of the room, her hair the prettiest shade of copper that rested at her shoulders, her black dress ended at her ankles. She shuffled tarot cards with her thin fingers while Claudia looked around the place covered in rugs and tapestries.

Books and mason jars filled with various items littered the bookshelves that wrapped around the room.

"Sit,"The woman said, gesturing toward the chair across from her. Claudia stared at it before sitting down, awkwardly running her hands up her arms to calm her nerves. She felt like a fool for hoping this would work.

"You want a child?"The woman asked, making Claudia's mouth go dry. She had never spoken to the woman, never told her what she was there for but she somehow knew and though it scared her, it gave her slight hope.

"Yes," Claudia whispered, her voice shaking from her nervousness and the woman laughed as she set the cards down and stood up to reach for the candles on the shelf behind her.

She placed them in a circle around the table before whispering a chant and the candles suddenly lit up. Claudia stared in amazement and disbelief, not believing what she had just seen as the woman sat down with a smile. She loved entertaining the nonbelievers. 

"I don't know a spell that can grant you such a thing, but I know of a dead and powerful witch who could help you but everything comes at a price," The woman said making Claudia take in her words but she was desperate.