Greyson

Greyson POV:
I woke up this morning to the bells of the dinning hall, I was late. I shot up and got dressed as quickly as possible in a white t shirt and some gray sweatpants, I grabbed my ID badge and walked quickly but quietly to the dining hall. After eating breakfast I head back to my "room" and stand in the doorway.
I smile as I see Alli sit up tiredly and let out a yawn. I helped her get dressed but she likes to be independent and do most of it herself. Once she's ready we wait for the next bell that signals the kids turn to eat. Once said bell rang I walked her out and as she ate I looked around. I was the only man there, all of the other kids had their moms yet never knew their fathers. Our situation was a little backwards, Alli knows her dad but has never met her mom. Kids get to stay with their mom until 8 years old. At 8 they are taken away and they begin to get tested on. The oldest kid here was 7. Luckily Alli was 4 but it doesn't make me worry any less. As we headed back to the room fiddled with my hearing aid. I hated the damn thing but they made us wear them, we didn't get a choice. Whatever they gave us as embryos made us immune to bites but for whatever reason it ruined most if not all of our hearing. Year by year it slowly decreased. Lately Alli has been showing signs of hearing loss, but Im not sure. Once back into our room Alli takes a nap. I sat down and took out my hearing aid, I could still hear enough to hear if someone comes to my door or if a bell rings. I opened up a book "the lion the with and the wardrobe" I stared at the pages, unable to read them. The words made no sense. The doctors said I had dyslexia it wasn't caused by anything I just have it. I read the best I could barely making it through a page when a knock came from my door. I hurriedly put my hearing aid in and answered. It was a guard, he was to bring me to the doctor and I was getting tested to make sure I was still immune. I walked with them fighting would do no justice. I got a friend to watch Alli, he is the only one I trust her with. I walked down the halls with the guard practically on my heels with the common gruff of "Go left here" and "move quicker" I of course didn't say anything and went left and moved quicker. As we entered the doors of the doctor I tensed up all my body screaming not to go further but I didn't have a choice. I was instructed to take of my shirt and I did, revealing many bite marks of the past and other scars. I think its safe to say my body has as much scars as skin. I had a giant scar running diagonal from my right shoulder to just below my belly button, it was a knife mark. If you refused to do anything here you would be put in isolation and they could do anything they wanted to you, there was no limit. I was pulled out of my thoughts by a loud bang, as I looked up I now noticed I was tied down, I couldn't move. I seen the doors open and a large man walked in with one of those things, they looked human but they weren't they where something much worse. He had it on a metal pole, it was growling to get to him, but I swear it drooled as it got closer to me. He let it around to my back and let it bite me, the pain never got any better. I was screaming in my head but I only let out a groan of pain, it was like a fire as his teeth ripped through my flesh. I was so focused on ignoring the pain I didn't even realize the thing was gone. I waited a few more minutes and the doctor walked in instructing the huge man to take me to the cell and have me monitored for 72 hours, if I was to survive I could return and if I was to change I was to be shot in the head. They still didn't know if I was 100% immune, they didn't know if it would wear off, they didn't know if Alli inherits my immunity. I was their first immune child, case 101, that means 100 people died while they tried making someone, anyone immune. Now that they had me and a few others immune it was hell. Constant medical procedures with very little anesthesia, we didn't receive it unless they where cutting into us. I sat in the cell just starring at nothing when all the sudden a red light stared flashing and loud sirens started howling. That's never happened before, I looked around through the bars and seen a lot of staff run by the door, they had guns. I pulled on the cell door begging it to open but I new it was hopeless. I could only watch and listen as shots went off. Begging to whoever was listening to let Alli be okay. I looked around my cell looking for anything that could pick the lock, as I pushed my hair behind my ear I felt my hearing aid. I took it out my ear my world becoming muffled and I tore the wire out of it it was stiff but not stiff enough I couldn't get it to work. I threw it against the wall with no hope. Just then an overwhelming pain shot threw my back, it felt like I was on fire and I passed out. The bite must have messed up a nerve.