ᶠᵃᵗᵃˡˡʸ ʳᵉᶜᵏˡᵉˢˢ

tw // sickness, implied death, etc.

this is fictional. i have never experienced any of this in real life, however i know those who have. please be respectful.

i've always been a sucker for sad love stories, 

a beautiful love wrapped in a tragic nightmare.

though, i never imagined we'd end up being just another sad story to tell.

we were young, and dangerously reckless.

fatally reckless.

it wasn't until we realised the true extent of mortality that it occurred to us, how vital a role the rules played in whether we lived or died. 

and yet, we noticed it just an inch too late.

bending the rules was an easy thing to do, before reality set in and the raw essentiality of compliance became evident; before we realised the extent to which we'd taken things.

just, before.

watching the dire consequences unfold was indescribably agonising. knowing i couldn't do anything to intervene and somehow change the inevitable still tears me apart to this day.

time is infinite. life isn't.

see, the day the world collapses in on itself, life will end for all of us.

but the sun won't stop shining, and all the planets of the milky way will remain, revolving around the sun in the endless cycle it has completed for countless centuries before us.

life is temporary, and fragilely so.

and the realisation of such, we were so acutely aware yet so devastatingly blind of.