Angels

This was inspired by the song 'I Wish' (even though it is 'pop-y' the lyrics are really sad) and also inspired by the Walls music video. This is set in a land- Renaissance era this is not historically accurate but let's pretend this is a fantasy world that is almost the same as Earth.

Ok but my writing style is so random and changes all the time so bear with me please...it depends on how I feel and how inspired I am. I recently read y&b too. beautiful book. 10000/10. THIS IS A SHORT STORY BECAUSE I THINK I WOULD RUIN IT IF I MADE IT A LONG ONE.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swirls of ivory skin and silk flew around the ballroom. Flickering candlelight from the antique chandeliers lit up the dancers' faces as they glided along to the beat of The Four Seasons, shoulders stiff and necks poised. In each pair, there was a lady, adorned in colorful dresses that floated around them, and a man, wearing cravats and high necked blouses. It seemed like everyone had a partner, except for the man with sapphire eyes.

Duke Louis Tomlinson stood in the corner of the room by the many painting of renaissance artists, eyes darted around and hands occasionally readjusted his mauve cravat- a clear sign of discomfort. His caramel hair was swept slightly to the side, the ends nearly touching sharp cheekbones. The suit he wore was as dark as the sky outside the palace and was embroidered with floral designs that shone- making him stand out even more.

The blue-eyed man surveyed the ballroom, he was getting bored. The cream walls were covered in gold pillars and statues with exquisite details, and the domed roof showed a painting of angels trapped forever in the motion of flying away. Louis could empathize with those angels; he too was trapped-yearning to escape- in a role he had to play. The one thing he couldn't relate to was the sight of heaven. For years, men and women alike said that 'his kind' would never cross those pearly gates. But Louis was beyond caring about that, he had long ago made up his mind to live his life how he wanted without fear of judgment...secretly of course.

The Duke had his head tilted up to the ceiling, and did not notice that a familiar face had entered the room until he was broken out of his thoughts by a dancer who had spun off course.

She brushed by him, causing his head to snap back down. There he saw him.

There was a man who stood across the room from him, staring intently in his direction. The rich chocolate curls that reached just above his shoulders hid half of his face, and he raised his hand, full of rings, to brush it back in place. He was wearing a black fitted suit with gold embellishes on the collar and down the side of his jacket, ending at the cuffs. With his hair off his face, Louis could see his green eyes sparkling with amusement, his full lips tilting up at one corner.

Louis's eye lit up at the sight of him, and he had to take a moment to drink him in. The direct eye contact continued, broken by the dancers blocking their paths to each other, almost on purpose.

Finally, the prince-like man subtly tilted his head toward the exit, as he signaled for Louis to follow him out of the ballroom.

Once the green-eyed man had disappeared, Louis made his way through the barricade of dancers and the door.