forty three

chapter forty three
"bitch..."

      "SO, THE NEXT SET OF sacrifices are

"SO, THE NEXT SET OF sacrifices are...doctors?"

Stiles dryly raised two eyebrows in his best friend's direction, mostly because Lynn seemed so utterly in her own trace to pay attention to his third rant of the day about the next set of sacrifices.

      The puppy trio were currently on their way to chemistry, where they still probably had the annoying old man of a substitute since Mr. Harris is dead — missing, presumed dead.

      The boys were on opposite sides of Lynn, as per usual in their protective ways, although Lynn was certain it was her protecting the dumbass' ninety nine percent of the time.

      "Healers," Stiles corrected the brunette girl, and she only simply rolled her blue eyes was flashing a deadpan expression. "But you know what, Lynn, you are always right."

      "You know what, Stiles, I don't think I appreciate your—" Lynn snapped jokingly in the boys direction as the three came to a halt in front of the science classroom, but she swiftly interrupted herself when her eyes landed on a not so old, fat man that had been the substitute the past few days. "—Well, shit."

      "What?" Scott questioned curiously as he peeled over Lynn's shoulder, where she made a quite annoyed groaning sound while her head rolled back. "What's wrong with Ms. Blake?"

      Lynn popped her jaw out furiously as she saw the woman sitting at the desk in the front of the room, scribbling down some notes on a scrap piece of paper.

      "Everything," Lynn commented as her jaw clenched, a slight twitch in her upper lip as she just glared in the teachers direction.

      And where did this sudden hatred come from?

      Ms. Blake, or Jennifer, was saved all those nights ago when Boyd and Cora were finally released from the bank. More importantly, Derek was the one who saved her.

      Derek said when he was damn near dead after the fall to the escalator, he went to the high school in a desperate attempt at finding Lynn. But then he heard about how the entire lacrosse team had headed to a meet across the state, and Jennifer had found him passed out in the parking lot.

      Lynn was thankful for the woman, thankful that she brought Derek back to his apartment and thankful she kept him safe. But that was until she found out Jennifer tried to make a move on Derek, and that pissed Lynn off more than anything.