3. | 𝐚𝐱𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐡'𝐬

Feeling two familiar arms wrap around your torso made butterflies excite your stomach.
You look up at your tall friend, and he smiles down at your limp body. "I missed you."

Onceler lets go, a hand slowly lingering on your wrist as he took a step back from you. "I missed you too! I'm glad you're here, I was starting to get a little worried." He chuckles, backing up a few steps, and urging you to follow him.
You haul a bag full of personal possessions over your shoulder, and hang a pair of boots off of your fingers by the tied laces. "I can't believe this place is real . . I mean, I knew it was, but, look at it!" You gush, taking in all of the scenery again. It was too hard to look away from.

You walk at his side, eyeing the area he had set up. You cup a hand over around your temples, blocking out the golden hour glow of the sun blaring into your vision.

"I know! Isn't it perfect? I've been waiting my whole life to find a place like this. Perfect for my Thneed!"

A home-tent, clothesline outside around the side of the home, and a small gardened area. A fallen down tree, with an axe cut mark at its trunk. You ignore it with a resting curiosity in your features, and turn to smile up at him instead.
"Oh yeah- - how's it coming?" You ask.

Onceler looks down at you and smiles.
"Great! It's all sewn up, and ready to start selling."

"I could be your sales model if you want." You shrug a shoulder innocently up at him. Onceler looks at your stretching smirk, and smiles. There's a sheepishness behind it. "We'll see about that."

He pulls the door open for you, and allows you inside first. A bit small inside, but it was really meant for one person, so it made sense. You'd figure it'll just get roomy over time.
Dropping your boots to the side of the door, you swing your bag off of your shoulder and onto his bed.

"It's cozy in here." Taking a look around, you nod along as your eyes gaze around the room. Hanging pots and pans, garden tools hung on the wall, and a small work space area where his blueprints and such, sat on a stand.
Spatulas, plates, and mugs were lined up on shelves in a very unusual way, toothbrush sticking inside one of them.

"Thanks! Figured I'd make it a little more comfortable." Onceler shrugs, watching as you idle around the space for a moment. Then, something pink catches your view. You glance between the fabric resting over the back of a chair, then Onceler, and raise your brows.

"Is this it?" You raise your voice with excitement. He smiles as your enthusiasm and nods, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. The words come out stuttering around, but you ignore it as he speaks, "Uh, yeah! But it's—"

"Stop, I love it." You pick it up, looking it over. It was so soft. "Its cute!" Your fingers melt into the fabrics, the feelings of warm and cozy material makes you want to curl yourself up in it.

Sure, maybe it was a little more different than what you had imagined it to be, but regardless of that, it was still something Onceler made, and you were proud of him for it.

The lanky boy walks up behind you, looking past your shoulder as you hold the Thneed up.
"R-Really? You like it?" Onceler asks. It was no surprise he looked shocked, but you knew it was from all of the backlash on it he's been getting.

You turn over your shoulder and smile up at him. "Well, yeah. What's not to like?"

Onceler gives a soft smile down at you. As he went to open his mouth to say something, the front door opened. You both turn with furrowed brows to see an orange, furry, little being. His mustache twitched, eyes narrowed slightly.
"Hey, Beanpole! I—" the being stops in its tracks. A finger pointed, his gaze averts to your figure, then Onceler's. Then, he looks back to you again. "Oh. So this is the girl you've been going on and on about?" He asks, smiling now. You turn to Onceler, a lift in your lips, and a perk in your eyebrow as you smile curiously up at him.