Chapter One

December 16th, 5:15pm

"Hey son, I haven't seen or heard from you in a while...I hope you're doing okay."

Seeing that message was enough to twist the young doctors stomach in such intricate and painful knots he thought he would become violently ill.

"A while?" Spencer muttered to himself while staring at his phone "it's been 13 years, that's more than a while-"

He was interrupted by a second message.

December 16th, 5:27 pm

"Why dont you come over sometime? My wife would love to see you. Something to think about..."

This was the message that made Spencers world shatter around him, his knees failed him and he swore he felt time stop, although it was just a trick of his mind.

Wife? Since when did he get married?

'Does she know what he did to my mom, to me?' Spencer thought to himself while staring a hole into his phone.

Does she even know he left a ten year old alone with his mother? Did she know what a selfish bastard he was?

Did they have any kids?

'Were we really that easily replaced?'

Spencer's mind was spinning, as was his apartment. His vision got blurry as tears stung his eyes and threatened to fall down his cheeks if he even dared to blink.

He was soon taken from his thoughts as his phone buzzed one more time.

Thankfully, it wasnt from the dreaded unsaved number. It was from Hotch.

December 16th, 7:14 pm

"We have a case."

Spencer gathered his stuff and wiped the tears away from his eyes. He had never been more grateful to hear those four words in his entire life.

His ride on the metro felt much slower than normal. Which was much to the young Doctors dismay. More free time gave his mind permission to run away from him as it pleased.

His phone was buzzing more and more with messages from the unsaved number. Each one being more hostile and manipulative than the next.

December 16, 7:23 pm

Will you at least give me an answer? I know I screwed up, but that was a long time ago! I have a right to get to know my son.

December 16, 7:25pm

Imagine how I feel, not knowing my own son has 3 PhDs and having to find out from my ex wife's nurse. You're not the only one suffering here, remember that.

Spencer snapped his only slightly outdated phone shut in frustration.

How did he even manage make himself out to be the victim in this?

'He's the one who left me.'

'I don't owe him shit. Not after what he did to me' Spencer thought to himself while white knuckle gripping his messenger bag.

'Maybe I should give him some kind of answer, let him know what a fucking-'

By the time the sentence popped into his head, he had reached his stop and it was time to get off. Although cases were never a good thing to happen, anything was better than thinking about the man who had practically ruined his entire life.