Ender - beeduo (PLATONIC)

TW// slight mention of blood, anxiety, 

HEAVY ANGST

A/N: this is NOT A SHIP FIC. There will be absolutely no shipping of minors in this book, so if you're looking for that (which you shouldn't be, fucking weirdo) leave. 

----

Deep red seeped into the snow as his large footsteps pressed the color into the soft, white fluff. The metallic taste was unmistakeable on his tongue and the putrid smell clogged his senses. He was ghosting through the night, absolutely numb; the frigid air passed through him as though he was transparent. Nothing mattered anymore, everything the boy had worked for was ripped from his hands by his own. Not even the light crunches of another's footsteps in the distance could tear him from his trance; he was completely and utterly hollow. 

----

"R-Ranboo" Tubbo started, unable to understand why he felt the way he did. His blood ran cold, confusion as to why his gut was telling him to be anywhere but there clouded his mind. He felt an emotion he couldn't place, as the boy before him had never made him feel that way. Ranboo was homely; his presence was a warm, familiar feeling, but this was different. This was not the boy he was calling out to. Well, technically it was his body, but the mind of his beloved friend was absent. 

Monstrous eyes gave him a spike of anxiety, pressing into his own like they had never done before. These eyes, although ones of a monster, were usually so kind and filled with emotion. Eyes he was barely able to catch because of how uneasy eye contact usually made him. Now, these eyes were dimmer than usual. These eyes were those of a dead man's; glossed over and drained. 

Tubbo's feet were glued in place; he had no idea what to do. Clearly something was wrong, and he wanted to help, but he was so stricken by fear that moving seemed impossible. His legs trembled the tiniest bit, not enough to notice, but enough for him to feel off-balance. Limbs heavy, the smaller boy stayed still as if that would make the creature unable to see him. 

Tubbo had only felt this way under the gaze of one other, and upon realizing this he was able to place the feeling. 

Unadulterated fear. 

The realization that his husband was making him feel this way was troubling, so troubling he felt like collapsing at that moment, but his instincts told him he had to get Michael and get away. He began to run through the scenario in his head: he would grab his son and climb out the top floor's window. He would find Foolish who he knew would be able to help Ranboo out of whatever state he was in and-

Ranboo's shoulders began to vibrate. He half looked like an angry enderman and half looked like a laughing villain from a movie; here it seemed he was both. Tubbo started to panic again, the security in his plan beginning to falter in his head. 

Small giggles fell out of the taller's mouth before rising into an avalanche of laughter. Violet particles swirled madly around him as his head began to fall foward, his shaggy, split hair fell in front of his cold eyes. Tubbo was relieved that the dreadful eye contact had been broken, but was not thrilled by the pure evil sound coming from his best friend's lips.

Now that he wasn't paralyzed by the other's gaze, his legs began to move on their own. He didn't have time to think through his plan any further, all he cared about was getting the hell out of there. He quickly turned, wind from the open windows loudly whistling past him and bitting at the tips of his horns. He started up the ladder to his son, who he hoped was still asleep so that he wouldn't have to see his father in this state. 

All of a sudden, strong arms wrapped around his torso, sharp claws cutting into the thin cloth of his shirt. Immediately freaking out, Tubbo tightened his grip on the ladder and instinctively kicked his heels back as hard as he could. A lump formed in his throat at the thought of hurting his friend, but at this point he knew that if he didn't do something, Michael would be affected. Ranboo stumbled back making a small, inhuman noise and gripping his abdomen. Tubbo had to remind himself that that was not his Ranboo, but a force controlling the body of his best friend. 

He scurried up the ladder and stopped when he saw the small body of his sleeping son curled up in the bed. The yellow comforter illuminated by moonlight traced the outline of the small zombie piglin, who's shoulders were rising and falling with sleepy breaths, emitting a tiny snore. While the sight would usually fill him with pride, it only made him more frustrated. He was looking at the thing that Ranboo was willing to risk everything to protect; the thing that Ranboo was now so close to hurting. 

Standing still was a mistake. 

Hearing the creaking of the ladder, Tubbo whipped around once again and staggered backwards. Ranboo emerged from the trapdoor, a shadow cast over his gigantic, slender figure making him look even more foreign to his husband. 

Tubbo tripped over his own feet and hit the floor with a small yelp. He shuffled backwards, grabbing at the carpet that slightly softened his fall. At this point, the figure stood menacingly above him, stretching to the beams above and catching him in that horrible stare once again. He could no longer move as heat began rising up through his body. Frustration pricked his eyes with tears and the panic rushing back made him feel so scorching hot that he thought he would surely burst. 

He was helpless once again. At the mercy of someone and with no way out, but this time he felt it was somehow worse. This time he had something to protect. This time he wasn't being looked at as a piece on a chess board by his sworn enemy, but as an obstacle by the person he trusted the most; the person who made him feel the most joy and safety, who was now just another person to betray him. He didn't want to believe it, and he knew there was nobody to blame, as this wasn't the boy he built his life with. 

Defeated, he screwed his eyes shut and pressed his mouth into a tight line bracing for whatever was to come next. This was checkmate. 

"Papa...?" a small voice was heard from the back of the room. 

Tubbo's eyes shot open to see the figure still standing in it's place, but now looking past him. He followed the other's gaze to see Michael standing next to the bed, rubbing his heavy lidded eyes. The child looked confused at first, the kind of confusion you feel when you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming. After a second of deafening silence, his face morphed into one similar to Tubbo's. He was clearly still confused, but the terror in his expression was unmistakeable.

"Papa?" he tried again, this time nerves laced his tone. "You're scaring me!"

At these words, the harshly glowing particles fell and Ranboo jolted as if a demon had just been extracted from his body. His long legs gave out and he collapsed to his knees in front of Tubbo, his body drooping. 

Tubbo gasped and rushed to link his arms under the other's, not wanting to let him fall. He felt Ranboo's frame, thin but much broader than his own, shake once again. This time, it was paired with muffled whimpers and gentle claws clinging to his back. 

Relief washed over Tubbo as he fell forward into the other's touch, letting exhaustion overcome him. Michael placed a tiny hand on top of Ranboo's large one, trying to comfort his parents while still having no idea what was going on. Tubbo put a supportive hand on the back of the tall boy's head, gripping Ranboo's hair and pushing his nose into his own shoulder. He knew the crying was adding additional scars to his friends face but all he cared about in that moment was that he had him back. The three were safe. 

That is, until Ranboo's next words. 

The half enderman's hands fell from his husband's back, gently pulling away from the comforting arms he desperately wanted to burry himself in for the rest of his days. He looked at Tubbo, who visibly relaxed a bit more when he saw the life return to his friend's eyes. 

He let his head fall once again, unable to look Tubbo in the face. He was terrified for the reaction he was about to receive; the last thing he ever wanted was for Tubbo to have to know about the voice that plagued his mind. 

He didn't want Tubbo to have to go through it all again. 

But he had to give some kind of explanation. 

With a choked sob he muttered the only words he could muster. 

"He's back."

----

A/N: Aha sorry for the pain >:D I'll just kinda update this whenever an idea pops into my head and i'll also be taking requests!! Sorry if this was shit, first fanfic in a real long time and all that jazz. Hope you enjoyed :)