His and Her Bones

She trod along the medieval-aged palace walls, staring at the holographic image of the Star Master.

"This is very serious, Nova Terron," she said.

"I have sent two of my most talented Astromancers, Your Highness" the Star Master informed.

Explosions sounded from the distance, alerting her as the concrete ground shook beneath her feet.

"Someone's attacking the palace!!" she yelled.

"Protect the Dragon Disk!!" Nova Terron told her as she nodded, running toward the sound.

She burst into the throne room where her husband took his battle stance, his sword in hand.

"Someone's.." she started.

"I know," King Darius said. "Get behind me."

The Queen nodded as she retrieved her own weapon, looking back at the door as she stepped back cautiously.

An army of undead skeletons marched into the throne room. The King and Queen let out their battle cries as they charged the skeleton soldiers.

In came the leader of the tribe. Dreadbane walked bravely, his biceps high in the air as he went through the throne room doors. He very nearly grasped the queen's bond before she kicked him in the jaw.

"Dreadbane," she gasped as she turned to face him. "You're alive!" Two skeleton soldiers then restrained her and the king.

Dreadbane reattached his jawbone as he walked closer to the queen. "Not so much alive as... undead. Unlock the treasury" he ordered.

"You will never get the Dragon Disk!" Darius growled.

The skeleton man looked at the king, his radiant eyes gleaming as he looked at his undead servants. He walked up to Darius as his palms touched the king's head, his soldiers stepping back as he did so.

"Darius! No!" Queen Goodfey exclaimed as she ran to the king, embracing his bone sculpture tearfully.

"The disk, Queen Goodfey" Dreadbane ordered.

"Never" Queen Goodfey growled. She sobbed on the king's shoulder, the tears falling down her eyelids as Dreadbane scoffed.

"Fine. Bring me the princess" Dreadbane ordered.

"No! Keep her out of this!" the queen yelled.

"Mom!" Arkayna yelled.

"Dreadbane" Malvaron gasped.

"Run, Arkayna! Run!" Queen Goodfey yelled, the atmosphere around her seeming to close in on her as Dreadbane's caveman-like hands cupped her head.

She gasped as she stared into a void of darkness, silence filling her eardrum, the gap between the real world and herself closing. Her knees ached from the shock of it all. Dreadbane had turned her to bone.

*************************************************************************************************************

She opened her eyes, sitting up as she pulled her knees closer, wrapping her arms around herself as her body curled up, whimpering as she ran her fingers through the strands of hair. The thoughts of her two children out there in the dangerous world without protection seemed to forever repeat in her mind. Were they safe? Had Dreadbane killed them long after? Being here felt like an eternity, though she knew that, in reality, she was only here for a few hours.