twenty two.

CHARLIE PULLS JORDYN into a big hug, he lets out a little sigh

CHARLIE PULLS JORDYN into a big hug, he lets out a little sigh. Her four days were up and she now has to head back to Italy.

"Do you have to leave? Bells just left." Charlie says once the hug is over, his voice is full of sadness, making Jordyns heart ache.

Jordyn can't help but feel bad for leaving, one of his daughters just got married and his other one is going back to Italy all in the same week, leaving him all alone in his home.

"I'll be back dad, I promise. You can call me, you know." Jordyn tells him, frowning at his somber expression.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," Charlie looks out the window once he hears a car pull up, a fancy suv is now parked on the street, "you better get going."

Jordyn nods and gives him a quick hug, "Bye, dad."

"Have fun, Jord."

Jordyn smiles at him before grabbing her suitcase and wheeling it to the front door. She steps outside and yells one last goodbye before closing the door.

Before she can even begin trying to take her suitcase down the steps, Demetri is grabbing it and wheeling it to the car.

Jordyn hops down the steps and follows after Demetri.

"I almost cried listening to your farewell with your father." Demetri says while throwing the suitcase in the trunk and pulling open the back door for Jordyn.

"Oh, shut up." Jordyn gets in the car and the door closes behind her.

Demetri is soon in the front seat and driving away, Jordyn gives her home one last glance before it disappears around the corner.

On the way to the airport, Jordyn stares at the big trees, wondering when she'll be back to Washington, and that maybe, Caius will be with her this time.

***

THE PLANE LANDED in Italy at around 10pm, its a forty minute drive to the castle.

The group currently drives through the familiar Tuscany hills, Jordyn drums on the back of the front seat, beyond excited to see Caius again--her brief sadness was replaced with excitement the second she got onto the plane, and it hasn't dulled since.

Jane glares at her from next to her, a scowl painted on her lips.

"Could you stop?" She hisses angrily.

Jordyn stops for a split second to answer, "No." then she begins again.

Jane groans and rolls her ruby eyes, "I so wish my gift worked on you."

"I know you really love me, Jane." Jordyn wiggles her eyebrows teasingly at the angry girl.

Jane scoffs, "I don't think I do."

"Whatever you say."

The two argue like this almost the whole way back to the castle, Jane nearly rips Jordyns head off at one point, but Alec intervened.

"Can you two stop? We're here." Alec says before he jumps out of the car and speeds out of the garage, needing to be far away from the bickering.

Jane almost immediately follows after Alec.

Jordyn squeals and throws the back door open, hopping out excitedly.

Demetri grabs her suitcase and heads inside, Jordyn following closely behind him.

The whole way to her room, she talks with him excitedly, he doesn't ever respond, he just listens to her ramble on and on.

They finally reach her room, he opens the door and throws her suitcase inside before taking off down the hall.

Jordyn frowns at his sudden disappearance and steps into her room, closing the door behind her and flicking the light on.

The room lights up and Jordyn nearly screams at the figure sitting at her desk, facing away from her, but then she recognizes the wavy blonde hair, "Blondie." She says before walking over towards him.

He quickly stands up and brings her into a hug, resting his cheek on her head and wrapping his arms around her waist.

Jordyn breathes in his familiar scent of acrylic paint and fancy cologne.

"It's been quite boring here without you." Caius says.

"I bet." Jordyn chuckles.

"How was the wedding?" Caius asks while he pulls away from the hug and leads Jordyn to her bed, helping her up onto to it.

Jordyn cuddles up to his side and kicks her shoes off.

"It was great. Bella looked beautiful, she didn't trip on anything, surprisingly. Oh, and I threatened to beat Edward with a shovel." Jordyn tells him proudly.

Caius laughs, "I bet you did."

Jordyn goes on to tell him how she spent her last days in Forks with Charlie and how she already misses him.

The two stay cuddled, chatting into the early morning where Jordyn inevitably falls asleep.

edited: 9/29/22