[2] Mondstadt

"Are you a new ally... or a new storm?" a masculine voice greets.

Daring to face the person, you began to panic internally.

'Oh my Archon, it's frickin' Kaeya.'

"Are you one of Amber's friends?" you ask curiously – as to not raise suspicion.

He let out a short laugh, "Rather bold of you to assume considering you've just met me. But I've seen you interact with Amber while you were on a roof."

"You mean you saw me stuck on top of a roof for 10 minutes straight and watched me get blown away by hurricane?"

Amber cuts in before Kaeya responds. "Uh guys- About that, Stormterror is attacking Mondstadt itself!" she turns to both of you. "Kaeya, (Y/n), you've come at the right time!"

In the midst of her fuss, your gaze wanders towards the navy blue-haired man.

"Hold on Amber, aren't you forgetting to introduce us?" Kaeya asks - cutting off Amber's panic tangent.

"Oh... right. This is Kaeya, our Cavalry Captain." The brunette explains before looking at Kaeya. "These two are travellers from afar."

Of course, you earned suspicious squints once more.

So long story short, after a minute - Amber started explaining your situation to the Cavalry Captain. You mentally think about your separated siblings - wondering how they're doing.

--Time skip--

"I see. Welcome to Mondstadt - though you haven't arrived at the best of times, I'm afraid." Kaeya welcomes softly. "I understand the anguish of being separated from family."

'It's nice to know someone empathizes.' you humbly thought.

Kaeya continues, "I'm not really sure why you're looking for the Anemo God... But everyone has their secrets, right?"

"My secret is to find my missing siblings - actually – it's my only goal." you reply back at the Cavalry captain.

"Is that truly your only secret, or is there more?" The Cavalry Captain mused - earning a look from you. "Haha, relax! I won't pressure you for more."

The wind continues to blow as Kaeya expresses thanks for your help on fight to defend the city by the dragon, apparently many citizens witnessed it.

"The Acting Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius is also very interested in meeting you, and formally invites you both to our headquarters." he adds.

"Alright, let's go there then." you nod your head to Paimon - who joins in your walk towards the Headquarters.

--Timeskip to the Headquarters--

"Jean, I've brought them." Kaeya calls out.

'It feels like I'm being escorted like a criminal.' you mentally joke.

Entering an office with a lot of books in the shelves, you see a blond-haired woman who radiates authority - and another woman that seems to be a purple witch.

You stood idle next to Paimon, while Kaeya summarizes your situation with your siblings to Jean. "...And once it was over I brought them straight here."

You politely wave over to the women standing in front of you.

"Mondstadt welcomes you, windborne travellers." The lady named Jean greets. "I am Jean, Acting Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius. This is Lisa, our resident librarian" she says gesturing towards the purple witch.