Episode 1

Bath time for the youngest member of the Johnson family turns into an electric disaster when she manifests her first superpower

~

Mrs. Johnson and Mr. Johnson sat across from Eniola, madame expert on all things super-powered, in one of the countless rooms of her enormous, hilltop mansion.

"Tell me about your children," Eniola said. "How many do you have?"

"Six," Mrs. Johnson said.

"My goodness, you have your hands full," Eniola muttered, filing the information away into her extraordinary memory. "I do not envy you. Where are they now?"

"At home."

"My god, woman!" Eniola gasped. Mrs. Johnson and Mr. Johnson jumped. "Are they alone?"

~

To any innocent onlooker in the quiet, suburban neighborhood, there was absolutely nothing unusual about the quaint house on the corner, buried in mounds of untouched snow, with its simple yet elegant pinecone wreath adorning the front door, and smoke curling invitingly from the chimney. Inside, Alice had everything under control. The cookies were baking, filling the air with sugar. The younger kids sat at the kitchen table, studiously doing their schoolwork, Eric lording over them. All Alice had to do was give Sylvia a bath. Mom rarely left them alone, and this was Alice's chance to prove how capable she was.

Alice bared her teeth into a smile. "Time for your bath, Sylvia," she said in a singsong voice that somehow failed to hide the menace lacing her words.

Sylvia hid underneath a plastic table in the playroom, barricaded by toys. "No," she said stubbornly, her favorite word.

"Time for your bath," Alice repeated, growling now.

Sylvia glared daggers. "No, no, no, no, no!"

~

Mrs. Johnson snorted. "Of course not."