- the beginning.

bennett's pov:

     i sat dreamingly under a blossoming tree. why had they left me? i understand that I don't have the best of luck, but I thought they would stay with me. we were a team. i was the captain of the ship and they were my crew.
     my eyes began to water and i snuffled. crunch
i whipped my head around, expecting to see something along the lines of a squirrel or a boar.
                    it was a boy?
                    or what appeared to be a boy.
     my eyes lit up as he approached closer. i wasn't sure who he was or why he was coming near, but i was just happy to have something to distract myself from these thoughts.
     he looked about my age; he had long , thick hair and wore a cloak of sorts.
     i sat up quickly as he circled to the other side of the tree and cocked his head at me. i opened my mouth to speak but he got very close and .. sniffed me?
     i frowned, confused.
   -" razor thinks you smell good. "
   -" uhm.. thanks ? " i tilted my head at him.
   -" will you come with razor ? i wanted to pick some wolfhooks to bring back to my family. "
     i hesitated at first, but then i agreed to come with him. after all, i hadn't been doing anything better.
    -" well, i should probably introduce myself! my name's bennett! i'm guessing your name is.. razor? "
     he only glanced up at me and then continued down the path. what a strange boy. he seems nice.
    -" come, this way. razor knows where to find the best wolfhooks. "
     i nodded and followed him through the trees and past prickly bushes. i had never really been in Wolvendom , so this was a bit new to me.
     we eventually made it to an open clearing, surrounding by bushes filled with wolfhooks.
    -" ah, perfect. " razor grinned. i followed him around from bush to bush, not sure what to do or how to help otherwise.
    -" how do those not hurt your fingers? " i questioned with bright eyes. he had on gloves but they looked quite thin. " want to borrow mine? "
i slipped off my gloves and offered them to him.
   -" no, thank you, " he smiled, " razor's used to this. " " alright! " i paused and put my gloves back on as he finished picking the berries.
    -" okay, since you're razor's new friend, i want you to meet my family. "

                                        ..friend?

     no one had ever called me their friend before. what is this.. this warmth that is growing on my face.. am i getting sick? no, that can't be it. what's happening to me? why do i feel so.. happy? i barely know this kid, but something makes me so ecstatic about hearing him call me his friend.
     i shook myself out of that trance and agreed to come. he stuck out his hand. i gazed at him, unsure of what he was wanting me to do. he sighed and grabbed my hand, interlocking our fingers as he dragged me along. i was startled, but i didn't pull away. something about his presence was.. comforting.
we continued down the dirt pathway, the occasional birdsong catching my attention.
we kept walking until we made it to a cave with a large opening. it looked scary inside.
" in here. in here is razor's family. " he beamed. i began to second guess my choices ...

i had thought about the choices i had made up until now, i met a random boy that i know nothing about, and i let him drag me here to meet his 'family'? had i learned nothing?
why does my terrible luck have to bring me to this..? i didn't want for this to happen..