.

mikey chuckled from the seats of a lane to his best friend. the alley had already closed, hell he should've been home a good hour ago. and, well fuck, gabe had the most obnoxiously colored bowling ball, bright fucking pink, per usual. and mikey practically was begged to turn the black lights back on, but he smiled as gabe tried his damn best to get all the glowing pins down. mikey got up off the bright colored couch, and then he wondered into the back.
   "show off." gabe teased as he watched the shorter of the two grab a blue bowling ball off the rack. and hey, gabe was doing just fine. maybe he was just trying to impress mikey, but that was his fucking business. "mikes, how are you supposed do it?" he asked, smiling, and rolled his eyes affectionately at the "i got a job, gabe."
"aim for the middle, and the lower you sit the more aim and control you'll get on the ball." he explained to gabe, who seemed to be smiling.
"gabanti, are you even listening?" he laughed. gabe nodded, though he wasn't really. he was too fucked in love to really care.
gabe tried again anyway, and he heard a small "hey, that's kinda good!" from behind the counter. and he felt his face heat up, with a nod. "thanks!" he yelled back, and then laughed as mikey came back across the counter. "hey, dude, what'd you do?" he asked, mikey shook his head "turned on the bumpers. it'll help. i promise."
and so gabe spent at least the next ten minutes trying his goddamn best trying to knock all twelve pins, but holy hell it was hard when you don't know what you're doing and you fucked up your ankle a month ago.
  "gabe it isn't hard!" mikey laughed, and gabe let out a "i'll go hit music real quick." to mikey, and then he ran over to the counter, and laid on it just to put in the siamese dream cd sitting on the counter. for mikey, of course. he watched the way mikeys eyes lit up when cherub rock started. that's what he needed to happen.
   and so the pair spent a good hour hitting the lane, and gabe smiling as mikey would dance along to the album. and- oh fuck him— and the way mikey would sway to disarm, or maybe the way he'd tap along to the rhythm. but fuck, it was, like, midnight. mikey wanted to go home. gabe had band practice. fuck.
and on their way out, and in gabe being a fucking moron the entire time mikey was trying to close up everything, and then gabe stealing fluorescent pink plastic vampire teeth from the prize room, they finally closed up the alley for the night.
"hey, mikeyway." gabe started carefully as they sat outside, and mikey just gave a hum in return. "i love you." he finished, carefully. oh fuck, he didn't do that. he didn't just say that.
he heard mikey laugh "gabe, i know." and then felt a pair of lips against his cheek. "fucking idiot. all of new jersey knows."
gabes lips curled into a smile. "all of jersey."