cause stallling only goes so far

sero hanta liked to think he was a smart guy regardless of what the class rank says. he may not be booksmart but he's smart everywhere else. you know charlie from the perks of being a wallflower? he's that type of smart except for the whole mentally ill and dead best friend part. he notices things, the small things, that his friends do. things that normally people wouldn't spare a glance to. like how mina likes to lace her shoes in different styles, how denki holds up two thumbs when he over uses his quirk to tell everyone he's okay and not in pain this time, how bakugou says he goes to sleep at 8 but every night around 12 am you can hear him in the kitchen with the 80's radio playing in the background, and how kirishima paints his left pinky red and his right pink black. he notices things that others would think are insignificant.

he sees everything and that's why when one of the members of his squad started acting different it threw him off. who it was threw him off even more. it wasn't much at first. in the beginning it was just small things. the lingering of his thumb near his mouth. the soft, longing gazes pointed in his direction that were so terribly hidden. the reddening of the tips of his ears when he got too close during their end of day squad hang outs.

it was obvious. bakugou katsuki was acting different. it may not have been obvious to anyone else but to sero it was plain as day. when you spend most of your time in the background analyzing people you tend to be able to pick up on this quicker than a normal person.

he let it go on for a few weeks. he didn't want to just jump to conclusions ya know? you can't just go up to bakugou and be like "hey i noticed your mannerism and reactions to certain things have changed in the past two months you wanna talk about it?" cause it's bakugou. he'd just insult you and leave you to question why you were even born. he decided that once things started to change more drastically then he'd say something to the shorter blonde of the group.

his plans changed when one day after waking up from an edible induced nap his mouth felt like the sahara desert. he lazily slapped his hand around his nightstand for some type of liquid that would hydrate his mouth but to his despair the only thing he found was the other half of the edible and his phone. he reluctantly got out of his oh so comfortable bed and trudged his way to the common room so he could indulge in that sweet liquid that they call water.

while walking down the hallway that lead to the dorms the lanky boy heard sniffing while everybody wants to rule the world by tears for fears played from the radio they kept in the kitchen for when sato would spend hours stress baking.

thinking that denki actually started using coke he turned the corner with a loud "come on denks, if you're gonna embrace your inner demi lovato at least invite me when...you...." he trailed off as he tried to process what he was seeing. 

maybe it was the after effects of the edible or maybe shinsou laced his shit but he most certainly was not looking at a red faced, sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor, holding his knees to his chest, crying bakugou. he looked like he was just told his entire family was slaughtered by all might with the way his eyes were blown wide. his mouth was slightly agape in shock and he trembled with...fear? that can't be right bakugou is never afraid....right? but the boy in front of him had to be his explosive blonde friend but why was he like this right now?

the two just stared at eachother as the song finished and a commercial played on the radio about some new skin cream sponsored by mt.lady. sero couldn't tear his eyes off of the boy while bakugou looked everywhere but at the taller male. he physically and mentally couldn't form words right now to explain himself and he prayed to every god out there that the black haired male didn't expect him to.

his hero instincts kicked in and he felt the need to make sure the boy wasn't injured in any way and that he was safe but this made no sense. of course he was okay and of course he was safe. it's bakugou we're talking about here, king explosion murder, and number three in the class.

sero didn't know what to do. it felt like an hour had passed before he finally said something when really it had only been about twenty seconds.

"do ya wanna watch a movie?"