twenty four.

"WE'RE ON THIS beautiful island

"WE'RE ON THIS beautiful island. Carlisle literally owns it." Bella gushes over the phone to Jordyn.

Jordyn walks around the room with the phone pressed up to her ear, listening to Bella ramble on.

"And the first night we got here was so amazing! We had the most amazing time last night, we went into the ocean and-"

Jordyn cuts her off, "I don't need the details, Bells."

"Right, sorry. How's Italy?" Bella asks, becoming slightly embarrassed about her oversharing.

"It's great, I really missed it here." Jordyn tells her sister, sitting down on her bed.

"How's Caius? Still walking on water?" Bella chuckles over the phone.

Jordyn rolls her eyes, "He's great, thank you for asking."

Jordyn coan hear Edwards voice in the background, making her roll her ocher, "Jord, I have to go. I'll call you soon, okay?"

Jordyn sighs, "Yeah, bye, Bells."

Jordyn hangs the phone up and places it next to her. She frowns, sad that her conversation with her sister was cut short. She stands up and makes her way to her door, already knowing how to lift her mood.

Demetri is standing outside as Jordyn pulls the door open, she begins walking and he silently follows after her.

Jordyn knows the way to the gardens by heart, she only needs help pushing open the large doors.

Demetri pushes them open and Jordyn walks around him, quickly thanking him.

She leads the way to her spot by the roses, she sits down with a relived sigh, immediately relaxing from being outside and breathing in the fresh air.

She props herself up on her elbows and lets the sun bead down on her exposed skin.

She can hear Demetri sit down next to her, she turns her head to see him with his hood up and a flower in his pale hand.

"I missed this." Jordyn says, looking back up at the sky and shutting her eyes.

"Me too. The cloudiness of your home was quite depressing." Demetri says.

Jordyn lightly laughs and nods her head, "Forks is pretty depressing, I like the clouds, though. The rain is peaceful."

"It was nice not sparkling everywhere I went." Demetri adds.

"Oh, yeah. I forget you're walking disco ball." Jordyn snickers.

Demetri mumbles something under his breath and shakes his head.

***

JORDYN AND DEMETRI stayed outside almost all day, only leaving once the sun went down.

The two walk into the castle, Jordyn turns to Demetri, "I'm going to go see Caius."

She begins to walk in the direction of his room but Demetri grabs her wrist and pulls her back, "Maybe not now."

Jordyn gives him a confused look, "Dude, what's up?"

Demetri turns her around and starts walking to her room, "You can always see him, how about we hangout?"

Jordyn furrows her eyebrows together, "We hung out all day, Dem. Why can't I just see him?"

"He's very busy." Demetri sighs, "We could draw or something?"

Jordyn groans and struggles against Demetris grip, "Okay... Can you let go?"

Demetri drops her wrist and apologizes after.

The pair enter Jordyns room, Jordyn grabs her notebook and a pencil before hopping onto her bed and starting a sketch.

Demetri grabs a book and starts flipping through the pages quickly.

Theres a light knock at the door about a half an hour later, the door is pushed open revealing Jane.

Demetri looks up from his book and groans, "Yes, Jane?"

Jane scowls at his attitude, "Aro wants to see you."

Demetri sighs and stands up, placing the book back in its respective spot.

"Sorry, Jord. I'll see you later." He waves behind himself as he leaves the room.

Jordyn says a goodbye before the door gets shut.

After a few moments Jordyn opens her door and peaks out into the hallway, it was empty.

She smiles before slipping her shoes on and stepping out of her room.

She travels through the halls cautiously, making sure no one is around before turning any corners.

She eventually makes it to Caius's door, she debates knocking but decides against it .

She turns the handle and steps through the door.

The sight in front of her is devastating, her heart thuds rapidly and her legs feel weak .

Caius was laying on his couch with a woman who had pale hair; the woman in the painting.

He was holding her like he's held Jordyn before.

Tears well up in Jordyns eyes and she shakes her head, beyond surprised at what is happening.

Caius quickly stands up but Jordyn turns away quickly and exits the room.

She holds her tears back all the way to her room.

***

UHHH OOPS LOL

edited: 10/1/22 im too excited for halloween help