Prologue

Sprawling out beneath the powder blue carriage, the turrets, towers and spires of Hogwarts could now be easily distinguished from one another. Fleur and Imogen shared an excited grin as they tried to get a better look from the window.

In one of the courtyards, seemingly hundreds of students were watching their arrival with similar expressions of awe, pointing at the large horse-drawn carriage with gapes.

Jostled slightly from side to side as they made their descent, the girls and their headmistress within clung to the sides of their seats, some holding their hats down with a spare hand as the large wheels hit the grass, narrowly missing a tall man.

As it slowed to a halt, Madame Maxime stepped out from the carriage, Fleur and Imogen following behind her, straightening their robes.

Standing to the left of her headmistress, who towered over both her and Fleur, Imogen watched a man come out of the castle, half running and half hobbling down to them, a tabby cat bounding along beside him.

"Are you the Beauxbatons delegation?" he asked, slightly out of breath when he reached them.

"Oui," Madame Maxime replied, extending a polite hand. "Is Albus ready to receive us, monsieur?"

"Yes," he shook her outstretched palm, "the Durmstrang lot are already gathered in the Entrance Hall."

With a nod from her headmistress, Imogen led the rest of the students from the carriage, forming them into two lines behind her and Fleur. Gabrielle held tightly onto her sister's hand, red details hanging from her grey leotard like flames.

The caretaker, who had since introduced himself as Mr Filch, led them up to the castle, leaving them in the atrium off the Great Hall as he jogged inside to converse with the headmaster. Imogen was surprised to see two girls engrossed in conversation amidst the Durmstrang delegation.

"Igor," Maxime greeted stiffly, her lips pressed together in a line.

"Olympe," he nodded. The two heads awkwardly walked over to one another, Fleur and Imogen at Maxime's side, two boys at Karkaroff's, one of the girls moving to join them. "This is my aide, Ivan, and I'm sure you recognise Viktor and Freya."

Maxime rested a hand on each of the girls' shoulders. "My Head Girl, Fleur, and her deputy, Imogen."

Shaking hands with Ivan, Imogen watched Fleur do the same with Viktor, their respective heads trying to glare the other into submission, though neither buckled in front of their students.

Freya smiled kindly at the Beauxbatons girls, stepping forward to greet them after Ivan and her older brother had stepped away.

Filch suddenly came stumbling out out of the hall. "They're ready for Beauxbatons."

STARRING

ELLE FANNING
IMOGEN VOGEL

ELLE FANNINGIMOGEN VOGEL