Prologue

"(Y/n)! Come back this instant!"

"NO!"

"You can't run away from this!"

No...

You stopped in your tracks.

"Just forget it...

I'm just so tired... Of all this..."

You gripped your hair, almost pulling them out of your scalp.

"I don't want to see them anymore."

•••

Your heart raced as you packed up your clothes. Tonight was the night. You were going to leave everything behind.

This is crazy

But it'll be worth it.

As you tighten your backpack around you, you start to open your door, looking left and right to check if there were any servants along the large corridor. Relieved that no one was there, you let out a puff of air and quickly made your way out of your room, to the back gate of the japanese style mansion.

You managed to escape without anyone noticing, and once you made sure it was completely safe, you started sprinting towards the woods.

"Don't look back.

Don't look back."

You passed by several small fry curses that were hanging on the trees. Don't look at them! Ignoring the stares of those curses, you made your way to the nearest train station.

After paying for your ticket, you went to your designated platform and boarded the train headed for Hokkaido. You took a seat at the back of the cart and lay your head on the window.

"Good bye, Tokyo..."

You said quietly against the glass window of the train. You opened your wallet and a tired look washed over your already worn out face. This won't even last for one month, will it? It really wasn't a well thought plan. You picked Hokkaido since it was the farthest from Tokyo but you didn't account to the large living expenses you would have to pay for living there. Yes, you could take up a part time job but who on earth would employ a homeless girl that was on the run from her family. Well, not really her family. You didn't know half of the people that were in that mansion and those that you did know, you knew because they spoke to you and introduced themselves. All that you remembered was that they claimed to be your distant relatives from same ancestors.

Bullshit. The only family I have are my mom and dad.

Ah.. Right..

You didn't know what was going on at that time. It all felt like a dream. No. A horrible nightmare. You couldn't move at all, your body just stopped. It was 3 in the morning. You were only 6 years old.

•••

The ground was rough. You had been blasted away from your house. Your hands were bloody and you couldn't get up. Your ears were ringing so loudly you could hardly hear a thing. Then you saw blue sparks float past you. You lifted your head to look up to your home and saw...

That is was burnt to the ground...

In blue flames.

•••

Stop thinking about it.

You're on your own now, (y/n).

The you prior to this wasn't any different from the you now. Both on the run, had nowhere to go, no money, no food. Just your tired body and clothes on your back.

You made it to Hokkaido. The air was much more fresh than in the city. You could feel it. The new start that you dreamt of.

If only it were that easy.

That was 6 days ago. Now you're sitting on the ground, curled up beside an old telephone box. You somehow made it to a village in the outskirts of Hokkaido. You were shivering from the lack of thick clothing and the strong breeze of the night.

This can't be good. If I don't find a place to stay, they'll just find me for sure. I already look suspicious enough just walking around here for the past 2 days.

What's more...

I've got no money left.

Great.

You pressed your lips into a thin line and hugged your knees tighter. You just wanted to get this over with.

That's when you heard rustling behind you, and when you turned to look back, you saw a kid on a bicycle, that was way too big for him, going too fast down the slope. You widened your eyes when you noticed that just ahead of him was a road and a ledge.
Shit! HE'S GONNA FALL!
You got up as quickly as you could and sprinted towards the edge of the road, right before the slope.

"AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!" the boy shouted. You braced for impact as the bike crashed into your hands. You grabbed hold of the front of the bike, making it stop, right before a truck passed the road.

"A-are you okay?"

You asked the boy that was shaking in his seat. A look of terror on his face. "Y-yeah... T-thanks so much nee-san!" Tears started to well up in his eyes. You guided the bike down the slope and pulled out the stand but then winced at the pain on your hands.

"Ah! You're bleeding! I-I'M SO SORRY!" the boy yelled while bowing several hundred times

"It's alright!" You said as you frantically waved your hands over your face with a sheepish smile.

"That's no good nee-san! C'mon! I'll take you to grammy so she can fix you up!"

"No it's okay! It's really fine- wha- wait hold on!"

The boy pulled at your shirt and dragged you to his house. A small house with 2 floors could be seen on the side of a river. You assumed that that was his home.

You later found out that the boy's name was Sora and that he lived with his grandmother. His grandmother was very sweet, tending to your wounds as if you were her own grandchild. She thanked you for saving her grandson and asked why you were all alone in the village, as she had seen you on the road the day before. You hesitantly told her your story and the situation you were in right now, of course, excluding the whole jujutsu part of it. It felt good to finally be able to talk about it to someone else.

"I see... So that's how it is..."

"How 'bout you stay with us!"

"Huh?"

Sora jumped and hugged you. A bright smile plastered on his face. "Stay here! Big sister (y/n)!."

You didn't want to cause any trouble and possibly put them in danger but Sora pleaded with the softest eyes you had ever seen and the warmest smile. You found it hard to say no.

That's when you finally found a place to stay and call home for awhile. The peaceful life you had dreamt of had soon begun.

But it ended just as quickly.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Published April 2, 2021

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Hello! Author here! Thanks for reading my very first book! This is my first published work and it's still rough. English isn't my first language so grammatical errors and typos are to be expected ;;; but I do really hope you guys enjoy the story so far ^^ there's more to come so please stay tuned!

I'm open to critics and advice so please tell me if you have any! That's all!