Chapter 1 - Leaflet

My hand gripped tightly onto the metal plating of the pole in-front of me, lifting my body up from the laminate flooring below me bringing my legs up to the pole as my torso bent downwards now being upside down.
Pole dancing was always my favourite form of dancing, I felt more at peace with the metal in my grip as my body snaked around.

My go to routine was the Hello Venus song, wiggle wiggle but rendered for pole dancing, it was a favourite due to the song's consistency in beats that would match to the rhythm of my hips, being able to swirl my hips and waist up and down the pole, clapping my heels together before the chorus would hit.
Crossing my legs over one another before taking my hands pulling myself higher up on the metal rod, spreading my legs open once high enough as my hand controlled my turns
"Y/N!!"
A voice yelled, muffled by my stereo speakers, my eyes shooting open as I made my way down, the sound of my heels stomping onto the floor as I watched my studio door open.

Ymir walked in with her suitcase strolling behind her, her grasp on the handle tight enough to see the whites on her joints
"Seriously I get you have to practice but it doesn't mean you have to do it so loudly, you're gonna get complains in a minute"
The brunette sighed, stepping into the room as she shut the studio door behind her.

My studio is technically just a glorified outhouse that I had renovated with laminate flooring, floor to ceiling mirrors and of course.

The damn pole.

Of course there was other items I had in the room shoved to the side, aerial silk, hoops and my beauty of a stereo.
It was a hi-fi, Bluetooth stereo that had two large 3ft speakers on the front two corners of the studio directly in front of the mirrors.
I spent all my free time in this studio whenever I wasn't working, I have friends within the specialty that I will be paired with on certain nights.
Although I will get hired on my own on some nights, I work within a company of other dancers, Ymir isn't a dancer but my assigned what you would call..

pimp, she's a pimp.

Every dancer has their own source who will come to every event, making sure that you have an area to set up in, that the area you are hired in is safe for both yoh and the staff; security included.
On nights where there's multiple dances you will see the sources set up in a certain area organising payments, both for just the event and even some private sessions during the event.
Multiple bouncers at every exit to keep the dancers safe at all cost and to scare the customers enough to stay in line.

"What do you want Ymir? I haven't got another show for a week"
I walked over to the stereo, lingering my fingertips over the stop button before pressing down with the base of my finger, avoiding bending of whatever was left of my grown out acrylics.
Ymir stepped over sliding her suitcase besides her before placing it down, her hands sliding against the rough skin of the plastic before unzipping the case to reveal it to be filled with more heels than a shoe-store.
"Hitch had me bring these over for you, she stock bought a load of heels and they gave her all of the wrong colours she says, I just think she selected black instead of navy blue, you know how she's blind as a bat."

I knelt down to the case and had a glance through the array of shoes ahead of me, like some weird cult a lot of us had near similar shoe sizes, hitch and I were both size (shoe size) luckily so if either of us had ordered shoes we weren't so keen about we would send them to the other dancer to not be a waste of money.
Some of the shoes were traditional stripper heels, platformed strappy heels with straps both around the ankle and across the toes, not my go to shoes but they will definitely become handy if there's any themed events.
My go to shoes are in similar shape but suede/leather and either ankle length or thigh highs.

Lifting my knees off of my laminated grey floors, I held my hands close to the small of my waist as I stretched my back outwards
"Tell her I said thank you, any other reason why you're here or can I continue practicing?"
Outside of the work environment I wasn't much of a talker, trust me I like my fellow dancers and Ymir but I had always preferred to be on my own.

"You're kinda bitch sometimes y/n"
Ymir chuckled softly, a soft smirk crept up my face as I let my arms sit loose next to my hips
"I know, but that's why I get hired more than the rest of the girls"
Yes that sounded cocky, extremely cocky and even I wanted to punch myself in the face after speaking those words even if it was cocky, it was a truthful statement.
I get booked for events on a more larger scale in comparison to the other dancers, even Ymir herself isn't entirely communicative with clients and for some reason bitchy dancers and sources pull clients in like a swarm of hornets to pollen.

A chuckle escaped Ymir's lips before she handed a leaflet in my hand
"You may not have an event until the end of the week but you have been booked for a club event as a cage dancer in 2 days, lucky for you you don't have to play nice."
I glanced down at the leaflet to see that it's for Club Colby, an upscale club primarily attended by upper-classed snobs with gambling and drinking problems, I've attended the club once with a group of college friends that were all obnoxious with their money, not a best first impression of the club.

"And you won't be alone, Mikasa and Annie have also been booked for the night so you three can all hate the public together"
My body took a halt hearing Mikasa and Annie's name, those two were definitely the closest to me out of everyone, I could even call them friends.
My lips curled up into a soft smile before turning back walking towards my speaker, picking up my phone
"You know the song list then for the night?"

Ymir rolled her eyes following behind me before grabbing my phone putting the songs on my phone, I glanced through the songs and wasn't surprised, it was all generic drum and bass music with the worlds most shittiest beats and mainly consisted of bass drops.
"If the show is this close up then imma need me some new nails"
I smirked fluttering my fingers infront of Ymir's face, the line of acrylic blending into my natural nails as they have grown out drastically.

Since I bring in so much money, nail appointments don't take as much of a dent to my pockets, but just to annoy Ymir I would sometimes ask her to pay for the nails.
I always keep the same sort of design on my nails, an ombré from a nude colour close to my natural nail colour to a black always stiletto pointed because you know...
it's hot.
And maybe if I'm feeling fancy I would have lil chains or blood splatters ontop of the ombré.
"You're a pain in my ass you know"
Ymir groaned digging into her pocket

"I know"