twenty five.

JORDYN SIT WITH her back pressed against the door, ignoring the knocks and pleads that come from the other side

"You don't understand." Caius whispers against the door.

Jordyn stands up and pulls the door open angrily, "I don't understand?" She wipes the tear that dripped down her cheek, "I think I do." She goes to slam the door but Caius stops it and pushes his way into the room.

"You don't," he runs his pale fingers through his blonde locks, "it's not what you think."

"Then what should I think?" Jordyn spits, her words come out in a haste and are mushed together.

He looks down at his feet, not really knowing what to say. How does he explain what Jordyn saw?

"Exactly," Jordyn whispers, her bottom lip trembles, "please just go."

But he doesn't go, he just stands there and watches as Jordyn quietly sobs.

"Caius." Jordyn hisses through her teeth.

Caius looks at her with remorse, he sighs and places a hand on the door handle, "I'm sorry." Is all he says before disappearing, the door clicks shut behind him.

Jordyn lets out a shaky breath and drags her hands down her face.

She crawls into her bed and pulls the covers over her body, feeling a sudden wave of exhaustion, probably from all of the yelling, sobbing and heartbreak.

She falls asleep quickly, with her tears drying onto her blotchy cheeks.

***

"AM I OVERREACTING?" Jordyn asks.

Marcus shakes his head, "No."

They are in the library, Marcus heard about what happened and he wanted to talk to Jordyn, soothe her shaken soul.

"I feel like I am. I mean, we've only kissed like three times. It's not like we're dating or anything. I feel stupid." Jordyn sighs.

Marcus places his book down, "You're not overreacting, you're hurt. He's your soulmate and you saw him with another woman, anyone would react that way."

Jordyn blinks, never has she heard Marcus speak for that long before.

"What do I do then? I'm not going to forgive him." Jordyn says while tracing the faux wood print on the table.

"You shouldn't, not yet anyways. Do what you think is best." Marcus advises with a sweet, halfhearted smile.

An idea pops into Jordyns mind, "I'm going to ignore him, for like a week."

Marcus airily chuckles, "Great idea."

"You're not going to tell him are you?" Jordyn raises her eyebrows.

Marcus shakes his head, "No, it is not my place."

Jordyn nods, "Good."

Marcus picks his book back up, flipping through the pages quickly.

***

CAIUS IS AT her door the next day, knocking and apologizing profusely.

Jordyn is quite annoyed to say the least.

His never ending apologies and pleads make her feel guilty for ignoring him, but the guilt doesn't last for long, because she's always quickly reminded of the view she stumbled into.

So, instead of forcing herself to listen to his endless pleas, she pops the earbuds Demetri bought for her into her ears, and blasts comforting songs into her ears for hours until she cannot hear his knocking anymore.

She pulls out one of the earbuds out and slowly walks towards the door, she unlocks her door and creaks it open, peeking her head out of the small crack, only to find that Caius is gone and the always are empty once again.

"Finally," she mumbles under her breath and reshuts the old door.

On her short walk back to her bed, the music playing through her earbud shifts into a new song, one that, just days ago, reminded her of Caius and their newfound joy.

She yanks the earbud out and shuffles to her bed, new tears flooding down her, already, stained cheeks. Her heart starts to ache all over again until she's lulled to sleep by the sound of her own weeping.

edited: 10/1/22