27. Falling in Love

Nate stood up abruptly and turned around, causing Ariana to look at him. She followed his gaze to find Sean sitting on the bench behind them. Her eyes widened. Although she knew about Sylvester Windsor being aware of the existence of their kind, she'd never thought of Sean knowing it too.

Whilst her pondering, the professor entered. Nate ignored his arrival and spoke up. "Let's go outside and talk."

"What do you think you're doing?" The professor glared at him.

One low growl from Nate made him submit immediately. 

Sean stood up and walked outside the classroom to a park nearby. He found a bench to sit on and made himself comfortable. Nate followed him with a curious face but didn't say anything.

"So you're what your people call 'the Alpha', huh?" asked Sean, breaking the silence.

Nate nodded yes.

"And what about Ariana?"

"She is of Alpha blood but not the Alpha as she is not the first born of her family." answered Nate.

They fell back into silence. Nate looked at him with his calculating eyes. Sean glared back at him and chuckled. "You wanna know how?"

Taking Nate's silence as yes, he started. "People in our social circle have always wondered how our family is as rich as it is. Yes, we have many hospitals here but guess where our wealth comes from? My dad informed me last week that more than half of it comes from our hospitals in the wizarding world."

Nate raised his eyebrow. A small smile formed on his lips.

Sean continued. "Apparently, we provide medical services to Edward Cullens, Jacob Blacks and Hermione Grangers while I thought it was because we cheat on our taxes."

"Dude you've seen Twilight?" chuckled Nate.

"Samantha had made me watch. But since you recognized those name, so have you." Sean smirked.

"Yeah. My sister had made me watch. But we both got pissed with how they presented us. Unless they're our mate, we'd never go after some random human."

"Yeah I know about this mate concept of yours. So Alexa's your mate, then?"

"What? No." Nate answered quickly.

"So she doesn't have any chance with you?"

Nate lowered his head and whispered. "No."

Sean's eyes flashed with hurt. He shut them as he gritted his teeth. "Okay. So when my father made this big revelation, he was shocked instead of me. He couldn't understand why I was taking all of this without freaking out or thinking of it as a joke. I told him than I knew about all of that already."

"You see, a big dog had entered our farmhouse garage and shifted into Uncle Lorenzo quietly. Unknown to him, I had seen everything. I was 10 at that time. After that I started to sneak into my dad and mom's office and that is where I learned about werewolves, vampires and witches. So yeah, it wasn't much of a shock."

However, it was pretty shocking to him when his father informed him that Nate and Ariana were werewolves. He wasn't afraid of them but while going through books about werewolves in his father's office, he had learned about them having their literal soulmates. He had always thought of it as something wonderful but now the word "mate" made him feel dreadful because that meant Ariana, being a werewolf, had one too.

He hadn't taken the past week off to adjust with the "big revelation" of the supernatural world. It was because even the thought of seeing Ariana or spending with her after being aware that she could never be his was painful. 

"She isn't the love of my life or something. I just have a crush on her." After a week, he tried to console himself saying this and decided to stay as far as possible from her.

"Okay. Since there is no problem, let's get back to class." Nate pat his shoulder.

                          **~~~**

As soon as the class was over, Sean muttered a quick goodbye and rushed out. Ariana scrunched her face and gulped. "Is he scared of us?"

"No. He is fine." Nate then told her about their conversation. 

"Oh. So he knew about us even before his father told him?"

"He became known about us being werewolves only after his father told him. But he knew about our kind way before. So, he's fine with everything."

"Why is he avoiding me then?" asked Ariana. Her voice filled with hurt.

That's something Nate was wondering too. From the moment Sean's eyes had landed on Ariana the first time, he had always given his attention to her. Even more nowadays. However, he didn't even greet her today.

"Ahem..." A girl cleared his throat and stood before them nervously. "I'm sorry for the inconvenience but would the lady and lord wish to join us for a celebration?"

Ariana had almost forgotten how formal people in her world acted. But this was human world. Surely the girl was only doing it because of her rank. "You mean a party?" She asked enthusiastically trying to make the girl feel comfortable around her.

"Yes. We all know how busy we're going to be this year. We probably won't have time for anything. So we planned a party today at my house .Please join." The girl requested with a bright smile on her face.

"Nate and I will join. Just send us the time and venue." Ariana confirmed. Nate raised his eyebrow at that.

The girl looked at him with hopeful eyes. Seeing Ariana stare at him as well, he finally budged. "Fine. I'll bring someone else too."

"The more the merrier." The girl grinned and went back to her friends.

Nate took his phone out from his pocket and dialed a number.

"Dude. We're going to a party tonight."

"I don't think I can." Ariana heard a muffled voice.

"Oh shut up, fucker. You're coming. I'll send you the deets."

"Fine." Sean rolled his eyes as he disconnected the call. He just hoped Ariana won't be there. 

He opened Instagram and scrolled for a while before opening some mails. His hold on his phone tightened when he saw one from Ariana too. After debating with himself for a while, he opened it. There were several pdf attached and each of them contained notes of all the classes he had missed in the week. A message was attached too which said: Just wanted to make it fair. But you still won't be able to beat me *wink emoji*

Sean threw his phone on his bed before going to the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror. His chest was heaving rapidly and his eyes had gone soft and a little misty. Who was he kidding? He was falling hard in love for her.