twenty six.

CAIUS STOPPED SHOWING up at Jordyns door after a few days

It's been around a week since Jordyn has last talked to him, she has surprised herself by lasting this long.

Shes thinking that maybe she should go and see him today, let him explain himself.

She starts to stand up, but as she does, her phone begins to ring, altering her course.

She sighs and answers the phone, "Hello?"

"Jordyn," Alice's frantic voice rang through the phone, "you have to leave."

Jordyn raises an eyebrow, "Huh?"

"It's Bella, she's pregnant." Alice says, lowering her voice slightly.

Jordyn blinks a few times, "What?"

"You have to come back to Forks, she needs you." Alice urges.

"Hang on, Bella's pregnant? I thought it wasn't possible." Jordyn is nearly convinced that Alice is joking, but the way Alice's voice sounds, she knows that it's not a joke.

"We don't know what's happening. Can you sneak out? You can't tell anyone. I can get you a plane-"

Jordyn cuts her off, "Why do I need to go? I can't just leave."

Alice sighs, "Bella won't talk to anyone unless you're here."

Jordyn huffs, "Okay. What do I do?"

Alice tells her the plan; leave the castle and get a cab to the airport and get on the plane.

Jordyn hangs the phone up and grabs a little duffle bag, she fills it with some clothes and necessities.

She zips it up and shoves her phone into her pocket.

She cracks her door open and peaks out into the hall, no one is waiting by the door.

She opens it more and exits, quietly shutting the door behind her.

She takes a deep breath and walks down the hall, cautiously turning the corners and opening the door to the library, thankfully no one was in it.

She quickly walks through it and down the staircase, she enters into the waiting area. The receptionist isn't at the desk.

Jordyn wonders why there's such an absence of vampires, why there wasn't a guard at her door, but she just assumes there's some big meeting.

She's thankful, though, it's been easy to sneak away so far.

She presses the button to the elevator, impatiently tapping her foot on the carpeted floor.

The doors soon open with a ding and she steps in, hitting the button for the main floor.

The doors close and the elevator starts moving.

Jordyn notices as the elevator climbs higher and higher, the tugging is back. It gives her major Deja Vu, only this time, shes leaving the castle, not entering.

The elevator stops and opens up, Jordyn walks out into the hallway and up the last flight of stairs.

She looks around the dark hallway before hurrying to the big set of doors that she and Alice stepped into only a month ago.

She quickly unlocks it and is —surprisingly— able to push it open.

She shuts the door behind her and steps out onto the busy street.

She waves at a cab that was about to pass by, it slams on the breaks and she throws the door open.

"Dove andiamo, signora?"

Jordyn stammers, not sure how to respond.

But then her phone buzzes in her pocket, she pulls it out and opens it, quickly reading the text from Alice.

9:19 pm.
Say: Aeroporto di Firenze.

Jordyn scrunches her face up, "Um, Aeroporto di Firenze." She absolutely butchers the pronunciation of the word, but the man seems to understand because he nods and takes off down the road.

Another text goes through, it was still Alice.

9:21 pm.
Remember, you have money in your back pocket.

9:21 pm.
Ok, Al. Thanks.

Jordyn places her phone down and looks out the window, watching as the town flies by.

***

CAIUS SCOWLS AT a vampire as it gets pulled away by Demetri and Felix to the dungeons.

"Are we done for today?" Caius sighs, turning his attention back to Aro.

Aro simply nods and Caius quickly leaves, making his way towards Jordyns room.

He knows she probably won't talk to him, he didn't blame her. If he saw what she had seen, he would also feel devastated.

But hes hoping to explain himself to her, if she'll listen.

He reaches her room and goes to knock but comes to halt, raising an eyebrow at the silence inside the room. Normally, he should hear her heartbeat and her breathing. But there is nothing. No sound.

He instantly grows worried and pushes the door open, only to find the room empty.

He looks into the bathroom and her wardrobe, she isn't in either.

He follows her scent throughout the castle, it comes to a stop right outside at the entrance.

He turns around quickly, speeding through the castle to find Demetri. Perhaps he could track her.

He quickly finds Demetri with Felix.

Demetri sees the confused and frantic expression held upon Caius's features and stands up.

"What is it?" Demetri raises one of his dark eyebrows.

"Jordyn left," Caius says guiltily. He believes that she has left because of him, because of what he's done, "can you track her?"

Demetri shakes his head and sighs, "I can't. She blocks me like Aro."

Caius hisses angrily and leaves.

edited: 10/8/22