the prologue

~~

"Hey sunshine, the view is up here" His voice oozed with confidence, and the mischievous tone prompted Delilah to peel her eyes away from the chaos for only a second.

He was beautiful.

Delilah had never set foot in a club like this before. Beneath her white go-go boots the sticky dancefloor flashed in technicolour.

The walls shook from the vibrations of the kind of rock and roll music you'd only hear in a place like this. The room was heaving with people, all much harsher than Delilah. The smell of sweat, sex and alcohol seemed to seep from every pore in their bodies.

Hundreds of conversations were happening at once, all of them competing with the rock music that dominates the atmosphere. The crowd was young, hardcore and clad in leather jackets and tight pants as far as the eye could see.

Harry chuckles and winds his way through the warm bodies toward the very back, expecting Delilah to follow behind.

His off-white wife beater clung to his body in all the right places. The swirling black ink of his tattoos protruded through the thin material and his back muscles flexed and relaxed in a rhythmic sequence. 

The flashing lights lit up the puffs of cigarette smoke travelling toward the ceiling. Delilah's chest grew tighter the further Harry beckoned her towards the dancefloor.

He was electric.

~~