~ELEVEN~

“Together we stand, together we fall,
together we win, and winners take
all.”
                     ¢°¢°¢°¢°¢

Dedicated to _SHIMMER_SHINE_

                      ¶BOLU¶

First term exams had finally ended and I’m not so sure I’d call it a walk over because of one subject…

Physics.

I splashed water on my face once again, wiped it with a towel and sighed.

Was I really dumb? Could I really not grab physics at all?

Remembering the last words that my physics teacher had called me the other day to tell me, I held back my tears.

“Jayeola! I don’t know what brought you to science class. You should have gone to where lazy and unintelligent students belong instead of wasting your parents’ money!”

It had been the day after Physics exam, I was already done for the day and was packing to go home when someone had told me the physics teacher wanted to see me. I got to his office and greeted him. Told me nothing was good about the day and showed me my physics script — the one I just wrote — and shoved it to my face, showing me I scored an F this time.

He told me I was the only student capable of scoring that awful grade in the whole of our set. He then said that it was either I got a tutor — an adult or a fellow student who was good at physics like the head boy— to teach me ‘cause he was done trying; tried to pull my weight or he’d arrange a meeting with my parents so that I drop physics and not write it for my WAEC when he sure as heaven knew that I COULD NOT afford to drop it.

That even spoiled my already spoiled mood. And it doesn’t explain my reason for practically giving Ore the cold shoulder.

Well, maybe it does sha…but uh…

UH…

Moving on…

Today was the long awaited and over hyped birthday party of Ashley Badmus. One of the richest girls in our set and best friend to Chidera Odikanwa.

How are they even best friends?

Chidera, the most popular girl in our set, was always everywhere, hopping up and down, socializing, catching cruise with her friend, obsessed with her boyfriend−Ore Jumai− and stuffs while Ashley was down-to-earth quiet and hella reserved. She didn’t talk much except when she was with Chidera only.

Currently, Nina, Joy-Anne were in my room, getting ready. I walked out of the bathroom already dressed and my mouth dropped open as it seemed Mummy Nina and Aunty Joy wanted to sleep in front of the mirror.

Ninuola was not here with us ‘cause she and Goke Wilson, her fellow social prefect had to plan the party. I invited Joy-Anne over to my place since we lived in the same area and so she could hitch a ride with us. Then Kanyinsola was to drop us at the venue.

“Nawa o, wahala for who no do make up o,” I said and clapped my hands whilst shaking my head.

Nina was trying to style her natural hair in something I could not decipher and Joy was in front of the mirror with Kanyin doing her make- up.

“Yes oh, they turn to mama at the age of fifteen,” Kanyin said obviously mocking me ‘cause I didn’t use make-up except a transparent lip gloss and mascara which I almost failed at using.

I rolled my eyes and mocked her saying: “yen, yen, yen.”

She looked up from placing the fake eyelash on Joy’s eye and glared at me. “What did you say?”