~TWELVE~

"Each of us can make a difference.
Together we make change." - Barbara
Mikulski.
%°%°%°%

Dedicated to DamilolaIdowu8

¶BOLU¶

"Okay babies, y'all have a goodnight and whatever you do, don't get pregnant! Bolu you kuku know mom will kill you!" Kanyinsola playfully warned.

"See you talking as if mommy will not kill you too. Abi is it not you convinced them to let me go?"

"Orh shioor..." She hissed. "Slying is a thing. I'm a pro at it and so I do it for a living, you grab?"

I faked horror and gasped. "So you would sly your one and only sister?"

"Yes oh. Anytime, any day my nigga," she replied and patted my shoulders twice. That got Joy and Nina laughing hard.

I shook my head at my sister. Sometimes I wondered how we came out of the same womb. Describing her as crazy was an understatement.

Kanyin laughed too and after a while, we got down and waved her goodbye.

The gate front where Kanyin dropped us seemed like there was no soul behind it because there was not a single sound heard at all. It was around 8:00pm and the party should have started but it did not seem so. The giant brown gate, which looked like prison ones, were locked?

"Are you s-sure...we got the right address?" Joy-Anne asked clinging on to me swiftly, looking around with fearful eyes. Geez, I wonder how this girl was so brave when it came to forking a boy's butt but legit scared of the dark?

I laughed. "Come on, Joy. I'm sure we got it, right Nina?" I turned to her and she was busy on her phone chatting with God knows who.

"Yeah...sure na." She pushed her glasses back on her nose and kept her phone in her bag. "Don't worry, this is always how the area is. I've been here before," she assured as she walked up to the gigantic gate and knocked it.

Joy-Anne's grip on me relaxed as I wondered how many of our classmates' houses Nina knew.

Joy and Nina shrieked and I flinched when the gate opened itself without anyone controlling it. Realizing it was an automatic gate, we started giggling.

"I've been here three times and I'm still not used to this gate...geez," Nina said as she shook her head whilst smiling as we walked in.

The silence was still deafening until we got to the main door of the freaking huge house.

No, I swear it was huge! It was painted green and white and surrounded with flowers, carefully and creatively designed.

I turned to my right to see a hut at one side of the compound and the gatekeeper's house. I don't think they had one and if they did, he would just be a lazy one, considering he would just be remote controlling everything.

Nina twisted the door knob and we walked in. It was then I realized, discovered and found out that we had legit stepped into the house of an OBO (Omo Baba Olowo) − Similar to the Otedolas'. The house was Nigerian style on the outside and Indian style on the inside. No cap, it was breathtaking.

The extremely large parlor whose sofas were already spread out was now decorated with different lights, colored red, green, blue, yellow... popping from wherever.

Round tables were arranged with round seats surrounding them. There were at least three bars at certain corners of the room.

A stage was at the far front and it had a smoking machine. I started wondering why they set up a stage and if anyone was gonna perform tonight.