Introduction

it's kind of crazy to think about how it all happened. it was just normal day, a normal day that turned upside down at about 3:45 pm across from the Starbucks on Pantry Street on my way home from school. I know, crazy right? who would have thought that boy would be walking their at the same time as I was? not me. I guess it was meant to be? now I lie here, next to him while he sleeps a year later. never would I have thought I would be in the position. well let me tell you a little about my self before I get into my story. my names McKenna, I'm 17 and my favorite colors blue. is that enough info? no? alright then. I guess you'll learn more as I tell you how I met him.
so it all started that morning. I awoke from my slumber as my friend Zoe texted me. it went a little something like this: "yo bitch, where you at? I've been waiting outside for 15 minutes." yeah, she's a great friend. just kidding, I was late for school and well, this wasn't the first. I told her I would find a ride and she left. my mom leaves every morning at 5 to go to work, so she was out of the question to ask. my dad, well he was out of the question to because he chooses not to be in my life but that's another story. so I called up my friend Taylor. he agreed to come and get me even though he complained about how he has to get up so early and blah blah blah. I've known taylor for years, he's like my older brother. he graduated last year, so he's 2 years older than me since I'm a junior. he was there for me when no one was. I know it sounds cheesy but it's true.
I got showered and dressed and by that time it was already halfway through first period, great. as I heard a beep coming from outside I rushed down the stairs, grabbed a cereal bar and ran out the door to Taylor's car.
"hey, how are you?" taylor asked me as I got in.
"not that good considering I'm late AGAIN for the 7th time this semester."
"well, you should learn to get up on time"
"hey hey hey, I'm trying my best mr. barley made it to the end of high school" Taylor gave me and evil smirk.
"woaahhh, don't go there missy"
"well looks like I did" I laughed and turned up the music playing on the radio.
as we arrived at school, he told me the way to sneak in and not get caught. of course I refused and rather get a detention for being late then suspended for sneaking into the school AND being late. he's crazy.
"have a GREAT day at school Kenna!" Taylor yelled as I got out of the car and walked toward the main office. me being me, I turned around and flipped him off. then turned back around as I heard his faint laughter speed off.
but walking into school late is the most awkward thing in the entire world. everyone stares at you like you've murdered someone or something like that. and it's extremely awkward for me considering I have no friends in any of my classes. so walking into my art class, second period, trying not to make eye contact with anyone.
"McKenna, why are you late to my class?" my teacher snapped at me as soon as I walked in.
"just running late this morning, my apologies Mrs. Smith."
"alright, take a seat and work on your sketch."
ugh, I hate school. the day went by, normal as always. sitting in the library by myself for lunch, walking in the halls alone, and getting shit on for everyone of my flaws. Taylor and Zoe are really my only friends, but Taylor's no longer in the high school and Zoe is a senior, so I rarely see her but hey, what are you gunna do. so at the end of the day I was called down to the main office. yup, I needed to serve my detention. sitting at a desk after school isn't how I planned on spending the rest of my day. the teacher collected our phones before it started, so I really had nothing to do.
when detention was over I called my mom.
"hello?"
"hey mom, so since I was late to school I had detention and it's over so could you come pick me up?"
"sorry hunny, I have to stay until 7 tonight, can you find a ride home?"
"uh, I'll try but I doubt anyone's around"
"alright see you tonight, bye"
"bye"
I had no choice but to walk home, in the freezing -7 degree weather, which incase you were wondering my house was 3 miles away.
as I walked down Pantry Street I noticed my stomach started to growl. I had to make a decision between Starbucks on my right and Chipotle on my left. I pursued to Chipotle to get some dinner.
as I crossed the street, I noticed a large group of girls crowded around this local restaurant. I ignored it and continued into Chipotle.
decisions, decisions. burrito or bowl? burrito.
I got my food and walked out the door and continued home. but right as I walked out the most embarrassing thing happened. yup, I slipped on ice, in front of the whole group of girls.
"HAHAHAHA" was all I heard coming from the group standing next to me.
that was so embarrassing. I started to get up when a boy with bright blue eyes rushed past the girls over to me and knelt down.
"are you alright?"
I couldn't believe who I was looking at.