twenty nine.

THE NEXT WEEK seemed to fly by, and Bella is only growing worse by the minute

The baby is now breaking bones.

"We have to get it out, Bella." Edward pleads to his frail wife, his eyes filled with venomous tears.

Bella's eyes well up with tears and she shakes her head, "No," her bottom lip quivers, "you're not touching my baby."

Edward squeezes his hands together and his eyes grow dark, Rosalie steps in front of Bella protectively.

Jordyn watches from across the room, trapping her bottom lip in between her front teeth.

Edward grows angry and leaves the room with the slam of a door.

"He doesn't understand, Rose." Bella sobs.

Rosalie comforts Bella, rubbing her belly and playing with her hair.

Jordyns phone vibrating makes her look away from the two, she pulls it out of her back pocket and reads the message on the screen, it is from Caius.

3:07 pm.
Are you going to call me soon?

Jordyn and Caius have been talking via phone for the past week, and he's slowly earning Jordyns trust back.

Jordyn wants to be more stubborn and not accept him back so easily, but it's truly more difficult than she had presumed.

3:07 pm.
Yep, I'll call you soon, blondie.

She sends the message and shoves her phone back into her pocket.

Edward comes back into the room and stands by the large window, not muttering a single word.

Jordyn takes the empty chair next to the couch and brings her knees up to her chest.

Only a few minutes later, an engine can be heard pulling up the driveway. It quickly shuts off and heavy footsteps take its noisy place.

Edward slightly tilts his head to look at the front door, then goes back to looking at the large, green forest.

Carlisle comes from his office upstairs and speeds down the steps.

"It's true, isn't it?" Jacob Blacks voice echos throughout the house, Rosalie and Jordyn roll their eyes at it.

"Good evening, Jacob." Carlisle greets.

"Doc, give it to me straight, okay?"

Bella smiles, only now seeming to hear his voice, "Is that Jake?" She asks, and Jacob can hear her asking.

Two pairs of footsteps can be heard walking up the steps and into the living room, Jacob and Carlisle appear shortly after, but before Jake can even see Bella, Rosalie steps in front of her.