𝐯𝐢. 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

LUST FOR LIFE
distraction

LUST FOR LIFEdistraction

POSTERS CROWDED TOGETHER on the cafeteria walls, and the trashcans wore a colorful skirt of spilled-over fliers: reminders to buy yearbooks, class rings, and announcements; deadlines to order graduation gowns, hats, and tassels; neon-bright sales ...

POSTERS CROWDED TOGETHER on the cafeteria walls, and the trashcans wore a colorful skirt of spilled-over fliers: reminders to buy yearbooks, class rings, and announcements; deadlines to order graduation gowns, hats, and tassels; neon-bright sales pitches was all that Bella noticed when she stepped foot inside the lunchroom.

It was hard to believe that after everything Bella has gone through she was actually going to be graduating with her class. She was excited that she's given the opportunity to do so. She never could have imagined that she would be able to walk across the stage with her class and friends. As Lena is watching from the crowd. If only her parents could be there... Bella just hopes they're proud of her.

Matter of fact, the ending of the school year did not give her the pleasure it seemed to give the other students. Bella was nervous and quite upset that she won't be attending high school anymore. She has only been in public school for not even two years and all of it is coming to an end. At least there's college — wherever she may go.

"Have you sent your announcements, yet?" Angela asked when Edward and Bella sat down at their table.

She had her brown hair pulled back into a sloppy ponytail instead of her usual smooth hairdo, and there was a slightly frantic look about her eyes. Alice and Ben were already there, too, on either side of Angela. Ben was intent over a comic book, his glasses sliding down his narrow nose.

"No," Bella answered Angela. "There's no point. I don't have any extended family besides my Aunt."

"How about you, Alice?"

Alice smiled. "All done."

"Lucky you." Angela sighed. "My mother has a thousand cousins and she expects me to hand-address one to everybody. I'm going to get a carpal tunnel. I can't put it off any longer and I'm just dreading it."

"I'll help you," Bella volunteered. "If you don't mind my awful handwriting." From the corner of her eye, Bella saw Edward smile.

Angela looked relieved. "That's so nice of you. I'll come over any time you want."