thirty one.

EDWARD CATCHES BELLA before her head hits the hard floor

He picks her up and runs up the stairs, Alice, Rosalie and Jacob hurry after him into Carlisles office that has been transformed into a makeshift hospital room.

Jordyn runs up the stairs much slower than the rest, her chest heaves up and down, though she doesn't slow down.

She reaches the top and runs into the room, gasping at what lies in front of her.

Bella is sprawled out on a hospital bed, Rosalie shoves a needle in her leg and grabs a scalpel. Edward hits her hand away before she could cut into Bella.

Edward grabs her wrist. "The morphine has to spread, Rosalie."

"He's about to die, we don't have time!" Rosalie hisses back.

"Take him out!" Bella yells. "Hurry!"

Edward drops Rosalies wrist.

"Bells, look over here." Jacob says as Rosalie begins cutting.

Bella screams in agony, her head tilts back.

Jordyn feels her legs grow weak as she watches it all unfold, as she watches her sister being cut open and torn apart.

Rosalie holds the scalpel up and looks at the blood, her eyes growing even darker than they already are.

"No, Rose!" Edward yells before she jumps at Bella, Jacob pushes her back.

The two wrestle on the ground, Jordyn doesn't even watch them, she just stares at Bella's bloodied body.

"Take her, Alice. Get her away from Bella." Edward demands.

Bella yells after Rosalie as she gets pulled out of the room by Alice.

"Jordyn, you shouldn't see this." Edward says as he watches Bella thrash around.

Jordyn swallows thickly as she steps forward, "I-I want to- I need to help."

"You have to turn her, Edward, now!" Jacob yells at Edward.

Edward shakes his head, "I have to get him out first, quickly."

Bella screams again, the blood vessels in her eyes popping.

Jordyn has no clue what to do.

Jacob leans down to Bella, "Focus on your heart. Keep it going."

"He can't breathe!" Bella says through her clenched teeth.

Jordyn gasps as Edward starts ripping her stomach open with his sharp teeth.

Jacob looks back at Jordyn, "Jord- you shouldn't be here."

Jordyn takes a deep shaky breath and she steps closer, "It's fine." Jordyn and Bella have been through everything together, Jordyn can't leave her sister now, she has to stay.

Edward continues to tear her stomach open, he occasionally stops to wipe the blood off of his mouth.

Bella is in and out of consciousness.

Edward chuckles as he pulls the baby out, Bella smiles weakly as Edward holds it up.

"It's a girl." He says, smiling. "Welcome, Renesmee."

"So gorgeous." Bella says airily.

Edward places the baby in Bella's arms, the way Bella looks at the baby is wholesome, everyone smiles at the maternal moment.

But the moment is shortly ruined by Renesmee biting Bella's arm.

Edward quickly grabs the baby and coos at her.

Bella hums deliriously, then lays her head back on the bed, she watches Edward for a second before her eyes go lifeless.

Edwards smile drops and he tries handing the baby to Jacob.

"Toss it in the trash. Keep it away from me." Jacob growls, going to give Bella CPR.

Edward looks at Jordyn, she nods at him and grabs the bloody baby out of his arms.

She is surprised at the weight of the baby, she's definitely heavier than any other baby Jordyns ever held.

As Jordyn leaves the room, she sees Jacob and Edward trying to resuscitate Bella.

Her heart aches and her vision goes blurry for a second, but she blinks the tears away and leaves the room.

Shes about to reach the bathroom when Rosalie appears out of nowhere. Jordyn flinches a little.

"Sorry." Rosalie laughs and opens the bathroom door, along with flicking the light on.

"No it's... fine." Jordyns voice is shaky and frail.

The two get to the sink and turn the water to warm, Rosalie grabs a washcloth and runs it under the water.

"I'm sorry for how I acted," Rosalie starts dabbing the cloth on the babies body, "I've always wanted a baby and... I found Bella's pregnancy as an opportunity to have one," she shakes her head, "I know that's terrible, but..."

Jordyn fixes Renesmee's position, "You thought I wanted Bella's baby? That's why you were acting so, no offense, bitchy?"

Rosalie washes the blood out of the babies hair, "Yes, I'm ashamed of it, but now, over the past two weeks, I've grown close with Bella... I just want her to be okay."

"Do you think-" Jordyn clears her throat, "do you think she will be okay?" Her voice weakens at the end.

Rosalie shrugs and takes the baby out of Jordyns arms, wrapping her up tightly, "Hopefully. Emmett was mauled by a bear, and Esme jumped off a cliff, they were probably weaker than Bella." Rosalie says, she sounds quite confident that Bella may be okay, filling Jordyn with some hope.

Jordyn nods.

The girls exit the bathroom and Rosalie begins heading downstairs when Jordyn stops walking. Rosalie spins around and furrows her eyebrows.

"Jordyn?" She asks, sounding worried.

Jordyn takes a few deep breaths, "Um- I think Im going to lie down." She says before walking to her room.

She closes the door and slides down it, resting her head on her knees.

Shes shocked, her hands shake and her breaths are short. So, so much has happened in such a short amount of time; bella, her twin and rock, has died and nobody knows if the venom will save her, she has a new niece, and made amends with rosalie.

She honestly just wants Caius.

She wants to be wrapped in his cold arms.

She stands up, her legs wobble.

She walks to the bathroom thats attached to her room, she examines herself in the mirror, wincing at her appearance.

Her shirt and arms are covered in blood from the baby, her hair is frizzy and sticking up, and she has sweat glistening off of her forehead.

She turns the faucet on and splashes her face with cold water, washing the blood off of her arms after.

She steps out of the bathroom and rips her shirt off, slipping a new one on.

She flicks the light off after that and crawls into bed, pulling the thick covers over her head, just wanting to disappear.

edited: 11/7/22