=1=

(I do not own these characters) 

First Published - 10 April 2021. Edited - 30 October 2023

_____________________________________________________

Julie's nerves begin to kick in as she walks out of the elevator, leading up to Mr. Patterson's office. 

She walks through the corridor, looking up at the walls of grey, which makes Julie think of what she's getting herself into. She slows down her walking pace, and she passes some artworks on the walls. 

She smiles at some of them, that remind her of her dad, who passed last year, somehow. 

She stops at a front desk that is empty, and rings the bell the sit upon the paperwork, which seems to be from days and days ago. 

Then a door opens to her side, and her head shoots towards it, to see the man who she assumes will be her new boss. 

"Julie Molin, I presume." He says to her as he holds out his hand for her to shake. 

"yes, you presume correctly, Mr. Patterson?" she grabs onto his outstretched hand, and shakes it. 

They both pull  their hands away after a moment. 

"Come in and take a seat." he says to her as he turns around and begins to walk into his office. 

Luke stops at the handle of his door, holding it, while pointing Julie towards her seat. She sits in the chair across from his, and he closes the door, before taking his seat. He crosses his hand on the desk in front of himself, and looks at her.  

"Thank you fo-" Julie begin to speak but is cut off by her rude boss to be. 

"Lets cut to the chase, Miss Molina. You are the only person that applies for the job, but I have one question before I hire you. Why do you want this job?" He asks, looking at her reacting to the question placed before her. 

Julie tries to think of a way to phrase her life right now, and the reasoning for wanting a job working for him "I want this job because it would give me a steady income, and would help me with taking care of all of the medical expenses I am currently facing." She didnt want to tell him the truth, or otherwise it could make her seem uneasy. 

Luke leans forward in his chair, putting more weight on his arms on his desk. He looks at her =, almost thinking of his pros and cons of the hire. 

"Alright, your hired. When can you start?"

"When do you need me to start?" 

"How about right now?"

"I can do that.." 

"Good" 

Luke stands up and out of his chair, and Julie follows his actions. He leads them to the desk outside his office with the overflowing paperwork. She goes around to the other side, and sits in the desk, looking at everything overflowing. 

"Alright, time to give you a tour of the floor." He walks to a door, with Julie following his every move. "So, this is the break room." She scans the room, and sees nothing of interest to her. 

He shows her around the floor she will be working on, because let's face it, she won't be needed in any other floor. 

Luke leads Julie back to her desk, "So, is there anything about this job I might need to know about?" she questions him, and he just looks at her and says nothing, before he speaks up. 

"Alright, let's put you in the system" Luke says to her as he brings a desk chair and sits next to her, after rolling his sleeves up to be less restricting. 

He begins to give her instructions, telling her how to work everything on the apps she might need, shows her the company file locations, and tells her what each pile on the desk means. 

"Do you have any questions?" he asks her, getting out of his chair, and leaning down on his forearms placed in her desk. 

"Not for now, but when i do, can i just knock on your door?" she asks him. 

"Always." 

---------------------

Guess what? 

one of my  favourite fanfics is back!!!