thirty two.

THE VENOM EVENTUALLY worked its way through Bella's veins, repairing the damages made to her frail body

THE VENOM EVENTUALLY worked its way through Bella's veins, repairing the damages made to her frail body. It's only a matter of time now until she awakes.

Jordyn sits by her sisters still body, holding her cold, dead hand when Carlisle approaches her.

"You shouldn't be here once Bella wakes up." He states.

Jordyn frowns, "Why?"

Carlisle sighs and sits down on the chair next to Jordyn, "When we first wake up, we're very thirsty. Edward will take her hunting, but you should wait a few days before seeing her." He explains, his eyes kept on Bellas figure throughout his whole analogy.

Jordyn nods, "What about Renesmee?"

"We are hoping she won't be appealing to Bella." He answers.

Jordyn hums, "When should I leave?"

"Today would be best." Carlisle answers.

"What do I tell dad?" She asks, wondering how on earth she can avoid telling her father that one of his daughters gave birth and died all in one night.

"I already talked to Charlie, I told him you decided to come home." He tells her.

Jordyn stands up with a slight nod, "Okay, I'll go get my things."

"I'll drive you home." Carlisle says behind her before he turns to evaluate Bella.

Jordyn walks to her room, she pushes the door open and pulls her duffel back out of the closet, along with pulling down the few shirts she hand hung up. She stuffs them in the bag before pulling her pants out of a drawer. She zips the bag up and flings it over her shoulder.

She turns for the door and nearly screams at the sudden blonde figure standing in the doorway.

She laughs at herself, realizing it's only Rosalie and not some blonde slasher. Jordyn coos at Renesmee before looking back up at Rosalie.

"Hey, Rose." Jordyn greets happily.

She and Rosalie have bonded over the past two days, they each takes care of Renesmee and Bella, and they both equally hate Jacob, resulting in a sudden, yet accepted, kinship.

Rosalie smiles back, "Hi. Are you leaving?" She uses her free hand to point at Jordyns duffel bag.

Jordyn nods and purses her lips, "Yeah, Carlisle said I shouldn't be here once Bella wakes up, so."

Rosalie frowns slightly, "Well alright. I'll see you soon then?"

"Yeah, definitely."

Jordyn grabs Renesmee's hand before going around Rosalie.

Jordyn goes down the stairs and smiles at the rest of the family, dropping the smile when she sees Jacob-Jacob starts at her, a tad offended. Jordyn steps past him and walks towards Carlisle, who holds a pair of keys in one of his hands.

Carlisle holds the door open for her, Jordyn thanks him and walks for the only car parked in the driveway.

She pulls the door open and sits in the expensive car, slamming the door shut behind her.

Carlisle is already in the car, spooking the poor human. He chuckles lightly and backs out of the driveway onto a dirt road.

"When are you going back to Italy?" Carlisle asks, breaking the momentary awkward silence.

Jordyn shrugs, "Probably after Bells wakes up, I wanna see her at least once before I go."

"Speaking of—when are you planning on..." He trails off.

Jordyn raises an eyebrow, "Getting turned?"

Carlisle nods.

"Um, I don't know. Hopefully a few more years." Jordyn answers.

She hadn't really thought about it much, she was hoping Caius would let her put it off.

Of course, she knows it's one of the most established laws of the Volturi, so she isn't certain that Caius will even let her wait. She hopes he will, though, for she doesn't wish to be frozen in time just yet.

The rest of the short ride is silent, the only sound is the rain pattering the top of the car and the purring of the engine.

Carlisle stops the car on the street by the Swan house, Jordyn bids a quick goodbye before hopping out of the car. She closes the door behind her and pulls her hood up before heading to the house.

Charlie's police cruiser is gone and Bella's truck finally got towed, the only car there is Jordyns.

She gives it one glance before grabbing the key under the welcome mat, she hurries inside; wanting to get away from the cold rain.

She shivers and shrugs her jacket off, hanging it on the coat rack.

She immediately heads for her room, wanting to read the books she has been away from for far too long.

***

JORDYNS PHONE RINGING wakes her up two days later, she aimlessly searches for it with her eyes closed, eventually grasping the device.

She yawns before speaking, "Hello?"

"Jordyn, it's me."

"Bella?" Jordyn raises an eyebrow, her droopy eyes popping open.

The person on the phone sounds like Bella, though the voice is much smoother and higher.

A melodic laugh comes through the other end, "Yeah, I sound weird I know."

Jordyn blinks, "You're awake?"

"I woke up yesterday, I was calling to let you know you could come over if you'd like—I'm perfectly okay, I can control myself."

Jordyn smiles and scrambles out of bed, "I'll be there soon."

"Okay, bye." Bella says before hanging up.

Jordyn throws her phone down and rushes to get ready.

The only getting ready she did was brushing her teeth, she doesn't bother changing her outfit or brushing her hair, she just wraps the tangled mess up into a bun.

She nearly trips running down the stairs but catches herself on the railing, she places a hand on her fast beating heart before grabbing her key off the hook and throwing the door open.

She slams it shut behind her and unlocks her car, she gets in moments later and starts it.

She starts to back out, when a sudden wave of anxiety floods over her, something internally warning her.

She shakes it off and pulls out of the driveway, not buckling her seatbelt.

The rain hammers down on the car, making her turn the windshield wipers on every other second.

She sighs and reaches to turn them on once more, gasping as a deer runs across the wet road. She tries to break but can't, the wetness of the road causes her tires to slide. Her car begins spinning, only coming to a stop once it collides with a pole.

***

aha

edited/ 11/21/22