Chapter 1

(A/N Percy looked like that, but more... wrinkly and grey haired.)

60 years. That is how long ago the second Giant War had taken place, thought Percy with a chuckle. Boy, seems like it happened yesterday. All the details are etched into his demigod brain, impossible to forget. He recalled everything that had taken place during his childhood, and how it had, in essence, been ruined. 

His first quest for Zeus' master bolt, and next, the search for the Golden Fleece. He was so young then, only 12 or 13, and with few friends, like Grover and Annabeth. Then the third quest for Artemis, and Percy gained new friends, Bianca and Nico Di Angelo, only to have one ripped away from them and the other, alienated from Camp. Then came the battle of the labyrinth, where they saved Braires, found Daedalus and saw Luke merge with Kronos. Percy and Nico managed to patch their friendship after the battle of the Labyrinth, or so Percy thought. Nico betrayed him to his father Hades after convincing Percy to take a dip in the Styx, only to later save him. He remembered the final fight against Kronos, when he made to choice to give his knife to Luke so that he could sacrifice himself to save everyone. It was also the time Percy and Annabeth began dating. He smiled as he recalled those blissful two months of dating.

Then came along Hera. He remembered waking up with no memories, and making his way to the Wolf House, to survive the brutal training of Lupa. Only the strongest survive, she had said. After that, he made his way to Camp Jupiter only to carry Hera across the Little Tiber, and soon afterwards, get sent on a quest to rescue Thanatos in Alaska, along with two good friends he made, Hazel and Frank. They rescued Thanatos, defeated a giant, Alceyonus, and made their way back to Camp Jupiter where Percy defeated the giant Polybotes and was raised on a shield to become Praetor. Almost immediately, the questers came from Camp Half Blood aboard the Argo II. They made their way to Greece, with a minor vacation to literal hell, and defeated the giants alongside the gods. After that Zeus very kindly yeeted them to Camp Half Blood where Gaia had risen and he took command of the Greek Troops. He saw Jason, Piper and Leo heading off to fight the Earth mother and the ensuing explosion, the mad hunt for Leo, etc. The Romans and Greeks allied themselves and peace prevailed.... until a certain golden boy plummeted into a dumpster.  

 As Percy gripped the railing of the verandah of his little cottage in the outskirts of Vancouver, Canada, he took a deep breath of the fresh air, and sighed. Percy noticed the first rays of the sun peeking over the forest cover, banishing the darkness and the silver glow of the moon. Apollo basically was kicking his sister out of the sky. The birds in the trees surrounding the cottage seemed to wake up, and a cacophony of beautiful chirping began. It was so peaceful when he and Annabeth moved here, well, except for the occasional laistrygonian giant that came their way, but they also didn't bother them, after the couple had killed almost 3 dozen monsters in a single night, asserting their dominance in the area and making sure that monsters would not bother them. Also, their house was far, far away from all the drama of the Graeco-Roman world.

 They had led peaceful lives, and Percy had enjoyed and savoured every moment of it. Percy looked at the forest which their cottage was bordering. Ananbeth had loved this place when they had first moved here. It was quiet and nice, she could study stuff for hours on end, uninterrupted, except whenever Percy decided that she was working too much and dumped a bucket full of water on her head. He may have ruined most of her Architecture books. That night he had to sleep on the couch. He laughed quietly at the memory.

Sadly, like all good things, these times came to an end. Annabeth had passed from the realm of the living a few years ago and Percy never quite got over her death. He knew he was supposed to be happy for her, as she had made it to Elysium and was now in the company of old friends, and also family, but gods damn it, he missed his Wise Girl. Percy grabbed his cane, and slowly shuffled his way back into the dining room. Years of physical abuse that his body underwent during quests finally caught up to him.