XXXII

Kiyomi slowly woke up, her vision being a bit blurry. She could faintly see Kotetsu walking beside her.. but she wasn't walking..?

Now that she thought about it, she felt like she was moving without using her legs, as if someone was carrying her. She was correct.

It was Muichiro.

Kiyomi slowly regained her consciousness fully and blushed.

"Tokitou-san..? Why are you carrying me?", Kiyomi stuttered, flustered.

"You were unconscious because of the poison you just took from me, so I carried you.", Muichiro explained.

"O-okay.. Thanks for carrying me. I think I can walk on my own now.", she said. Muichiro listened and got her off his back. Kiyomi slowly tried to balance herself, but failed and almost fell down. Luckily, Kotetsu managed to catch her.

"This is the affect of the poison. I'm paralyzed and I can't feel my legs.. Haaaah..", Kiyomi mumbled to herself as she sighed, holding onto Kotetsu and he held her waist like before.

", Kiyomi mumbled to herself as she sighed, holding onto Kotetsu and he held her waist like before

"Thanks for helping me, Tokitou-san, Kotetsu-kun.", Kiyomi smiled.

"It's fine, Kiyomi-san! You saved me from death and Tokitou-san from getting poisoned!", Kotetsu replied, which made her let out a giggle.

Her laugh somehow calmed the two. It was surprisingly calming to hear her laughs.

"Tanjiro!", A loud shout snapped the three and looked at the person, who was Genya, looking down and seeing that Tanjiro and Nezuko fell down.

'Wait.. Where's Winter??', Kiyomi thought in panic and looked around, only to be tackled by a wounded wolf.

"Winter! I'm glad you're alive!! I'm sorry I left you there!", she exclaimed in relief as she hugged Wolfie.

"Tanjiro! Use this sword!", Muichiro yelled out as he took the sword Haganezuka was working on and threw it to Tanjiro.

"Hey! I'm not finished with that! Give it back!!", Haganezuka yelled as Kanamori held him down from attacking the boy.

Tanjiro thanked Muichiro as he ran to the demon and cut its head off. The sun was about to rise, so he went to Nezuko and warned her, but she kept humming him something.

"Mmmph! Mmm!!", Nezuko pointed at the headless demon, coming for the villagers it spotted.

"Tanjiro! The demon's real body is inside that demon!", Kiyomi yelled as she tried to stand up, but she failed and fell back on the ground. Wolfie helped her up.

Tanjiro looked shocked and worried if he should save his sister from burning or save the villagers from getting killed.

'Please, please.. Don't change the plot and let Nezuko conquer the sun...', Kiyomi begged in her thoughts as she sat down, closed her eyes, and hoped for the best.

Tanjiro got kicked away by Nezuko as she smiled for the last time in his eyes. Tanjiro cried before getting angry and dashed at the demon.

'Don't worry, Tanjiro.. Nezuko will be fine...', A familiar voice in Tanjiro's head spoke, he held onto what the voice said even though he didn't know who it was, and let out a shaky breath of relief before killing the demon completely.

As the demon started to crumble away, Tanjiro looked down and prayed for the voice to be right before looking back at Nezuko, seeing her under the sun. He froze for a moment, Nezuko then spoke.

"M-m-morning!", Nezuko smiled.

He quickly walked to Nezuko with the help of the villagers he saved and looked at her.

"Nezuko.. Thank the gods.. Are you okay? Are.. Are you human..?", Tanjiro questioned as he started to tear up.

"Th-thank gods, thank gods, ar.. are okay. Gods.", Nezuko tried to copy him and smiled with her fangs. Tanjiro got a little sad she was still a demon, but he was mostly filled with joy and relief.

"Thank you so much, you two.. I would never forgive myself if you died, Nezuko-chan.", A villager thanked as he also cried.

"Wait.. Are you.. okay? Y-you didn't turn into dust and disappeared?", Tanjiro began to cry as he hugged Nezuko.

"Waaaaahhh!! Great..! This is great! Nezuko is safe!!", he exclaimed.

"So great.", Nezuko smiled as she hugged him back. The villagers cried as well. D@mn. The tears.. Were.. contagious...

Genya, who just got down from the cliff, smiled warmly at the sibling bonding, before Kiyomi, who also came with him, nudged his arm.

"Just so you know, your brother loves you dearly too. That's the reason he wanted you to quit, so you can be safe. Although he does need to stop the treatment he gives you.", Kiyomi smiled, which made Genya blush. She was a girl, after all, and he was shy around girls. After he managed to calm down, he smiled as well and was happy to know his brother loves him.

Tanjiro passed out after hugging Nezuko and they panicked. They stopped panicking when they found out he was just tired out, and Nezuko carried him as they went back up the cliff.

Genya and Kiyomi were gonna follow them, but suddenly, Kiyomi collapsed and also passed out. Genya panicked for a bit before carrying her, slightly flustered. Again, he's shy around women.

Kiyomi rested peacefully on Genya's back as he went up the cliff and talked with the others.

Genya's face was as red as a tomato when Kanroji hugged them.

Nezuko could finally go under the sun without burning. It was good news for them, but unfortunately very good for Muzan either..

The battle has begun.

__________

To Be Continued