thirty four.

JORDYNS EYES SNAP open, they follow the little particles of dust and light that float through the air

She can see everything. The individual splinters in the tall bookshelves, the stitching of the books, the condensation on the windows no human eye could see.

She can smell everything, too. The oak, the paper, the forest.

Lastly, she can now hear a thousand times better than before. She can hear the tv from downstairs, the quiet whispers of everybody, and two heartbeats. One heartbeat flutters fast, faster than the other one. The second beats slowly, slower than a normal humans.

"Jordyn?" Bellas voice sounded even clearer through Jordyns new ears.

Jordyn sits up, much faster than she would have before.

Her red eyes meet Bellas and she smiles.

"Bells-" she quickly stops talking, shocked at her new musical voice.

Bella laughs, "I had the same reaction."

Jordyn hops off the bed.

"Reaction to what? What happened?" Jordyn asks, darting her eyes across the room, still trying to take it all in.

Bella looks down at her feet, not sure how to go about telling Jordyn.

Jordyn opens her mouth to speak but stops once she heard light footsteps skipping up the stairs. Alice.

Alice steps into the room, smiling at Jordyn.

"You're awake!" Alice pulls Jordyn into a hug that would have normally crushed her in an instant.

"What happened?" Jordyn asks again, furrowing her eyebrows together.

Alice pulls back and looks at Bella, Bella just shrugs.

"Let's go downstairs." Alice grabs Jordyns hand, ignoring her question.

Jordyn noticed Alices hand is no longer cold, it feels normal.

Alice pulls Jordyn downstairs, Bella follows behind them silently.

Everyone watches them as they enter the room, Jacob tightens his grip on Renesmee.

Carlisle steps forward, smiling welcomingly at Jordyn.

"Hello, Jordyn." He greets kindly.

"Hi." Jordyn responds.