Prologue

This is for you supu1224 ♥️

It all started as one of their usual banters after they had a little too much to drink. They were having one of their board game nights with friends and they had both been heavy on the wine. Harry looked at his husband and raised his glass to make a toast.
"Raise your glass for me, the number one Louie!" He grinned.

"Oh, come on! I'm a better Harrie. Tell him, Niall!" Louis said with a slight slur.

Niall raised his hands in surrender.
"Oh no, I'm staying out of it. You two always compete about this whenever you had too much to drink. It was cute in the beginning but that was like ten years ago."

Louis pointed a finger at him.
"That's right! Who was the first person ever to ask Harry for an autograph? That would be me! I'm Harrys biggest fan!"

Niall rolled his eyes and leaned back, knowing where this was going. It was always the same.
"I wore the Harry love Louis t-shirt in public! That's the ultimate proof that I'm your biggest fan and has been forever!" Harry argued, almost spilling his wine from the dramatic gestures that came with his argument.

"I wrote home!" Louis almost shouted.

"So? I wrote If I could fly! Beat that!" Harry retorted. It was just a playful banter but they always got worked up.

"I kissed you first!" Louis continued.

"Well, I blew..." Niall knew it was time to wrap it up, otherwise they would be forced to listen to this banter back and forth until the next morning. This wasn't his first time around.

"Stop it guys!" Louis rolled his eyes but both he and Harry calmed down. Harry stuck his tongue out in Louis's direction and Louis flipped him the finger with a grin.

Seth, a new acquaintance turned to Niall with an amused smile.
"Are they always like this?"

"Yes. Nine years of this mate. Welcome to the gang." Niall chuckled. He turned his gaze to his favorite couple.
"Can't you just agree that you're each other's biggest fans and stop acting like five-year-olds?"

"Where's the fun in that?" Louis smirked and took a seat again, pulling Harry down with him, ending up having him in his lap.

"We all know I'm the biggest Louie anyhow." Harry said.

"I wrote no control!" Louis argued.

"Fair point, and you made us all sing it. But before you both start acting like children again, let me be the judge. What do you say about a friendly competition to once and for all decide who's the biggest Harrie or Louie?" Niall suggested.

"I'm so gonna win." Louis smirked.

"Am not! What do you have in mind Nialler?" Harry asked and pressed a sloppy kiss on Louis's cheek.

"Well, starting tomorrow you two have one year to prove that you're each other's biggest fans. It's the 1st of December. The competition will end a year from that. At the end of every month, you have gathered your evidence and I'll decide which event will get a point. It has to be public and it has to be subtle, you hear me, Harry?" Niall said in amusement.

Harry fake gasped and held a hand over his heart.
"I'm always discrete."

Everyone started to laugh.
"Yeah, not really mate. Anyhow, I decide if it's fangirling or not and a year from now I will have compiled the results and we'll once and for all know who's the biggest fan of the other. Then you can stop arguing about it. Sounds good?" Niall said. Why on earth did he even put himself in the middle of this? He should have learned by now.

"Rules?" Harry asked.

"It has to be public. It can't be too obvious. It's up to me to decide and me only if it counts or not." Niall said.

"Will there be a trophy? A big one! I want it to say Louis Tomlinson #1Harrie when I win." Louis smirked.

"There will be a trophy." Niall promised with a laugh. They were so silly!

"I'm in." Louis grinned.

"Me too! You don't stand a chance sweetie. That trophy will have my name on it as the #1Louie." Harry grinned.

"We'll see about that." Louis chuckled.