𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 1 - 𝐌𝐲 𝐒𝐮𝐧

☯︎
꧁ 𒊹︎︎︎'He's at his limit. I mean,look at him. Those wounds are not gonna let him fight any longer, he's exhausted too. All that fighting and hard work,for what? Knowing that one day you'll waste your life saving someone else's. That one die you'll die knowing you didn't spend a day thinking about yourself,about making yourself happy. How do you slayers do that? Is that all your lives are? Is that all they're worth for? Is that what you call living? What's the point of being born if you're going to live your life as if it's someone else's?'
.
.

'Well, he's dying anyway. And he was so strong too..'
As a pitiful expression turned into a sad pout,he walked over to the weak body of the pillar he fought. He kneeled down,lifted the man's chin with his hand.He was asleep. While staring at his pale expression,the demon sighs quietly.
'You're extraordinary, aren't you Kyojuro? Your face looks so pure, so innocent,like that of a child. At the same time it's mature, beautiful,always so determined, so relieving to watch. Your scent is different even. Then there is that smile of yours too.'
The demon sighs again,making a more painful expression.
.
.

'Why did you stop smiling when I arrived? Did you take me more seriously? Or did you despise me the moment you saw me? How sad,I really liked your smile..'
Another completely silent minute had passed,until another one of Akaza's thoughts broke the stillness.
'Everything about you is just burning sense of justice,even your appearance, isn't it? Your eyes,your mind,aura. The whole time we were fighting,it felt.. warm. It makes one want to hold you like treasure, to protect you, even after being well aware you need no protection. To spend their life cherishing you and your warm self. You're so pretty, Kyojuro.'

In that moment Akaza realized..
'Oh? I think I feel it. I'm the one. I want to hold you. I want to fight with you, spend my life watching you grow stronger and more determined. I want to cherish you. I want to make you happy,so that I can see you smile the way you do forever. Would you ever let me do that?'

As his thoughts were interrupted with sad cries of a boy with hanafuda-earings. He was trying to get up,to run and face Akaza,to get his revenge,as if he had what it took. No.. That's not right. He knew he didn't stand a chance,but he's still trying to avenge his senior. Is it sorrow,is it quilt,or is there something else that made him seek justice? The justice Kyojuro always felt so passionate about. Then again,isn't it what makes them all demon slayers? They're not afraid to die,but at the same time they are. They all have their motives,and one mutual hatred towards demons. Even though they don't live for eternity,even if they can't regenerate their wounds, they're better than demons,because they can feel empathy,because they feel sensitivity towards each other and everyone else,even people they don't know. That's what makes them stronger, that's what makes them human.
.
.

Akaza scoffs, "The nerve of this boy" he thought. He looked at the man next to him once again. He kneeled down,and gently pressed his forehead against Kyojuro's,his smile getting bigger and more sincere.
༆ --"Until we meet again,my Sun."
The demon got up and fled away right at sunset. As he was parting from Kyojuro more and more,the wind was getting colder and colder. He promised to himself: Even if he got rejected a thousand times,he was going to spend his eternal life protecting Kyojuro. And if he were to die,he was going to make sure it's to die by his hand. It will happen, he will make sure of it.
.
.
.

There's nothing else left for him to live for.𒊹︎︎︎꧂