CHAPTER FOUR

"GHOST"

       HE SMIRKED

       HE SMIRKED. That boy — whoever he is — smirked like he won the lottery. Caroline was flabbergasted at what three boys were doing in Julie's studio. Where did they come from?

"Uhhhh, Jules," Lee slowly walks around the boys to get to her best friend, "Why are there three really cute boys in your garage?" She placed her books down on the end table.

"Could you not boost their egos?" Lee just noticed that Julie was holding a cross. Where they having an exorcism or something?

"Thought you were afraid to come out here." Carlos walked in. How is he okay with his sister being alone out here with three boys?! "You talking to your ghost friend?"

"Ghost?" Lee whispered loud enough for Julie to hear from beside her. She turned to the boy, "There aren't any ghosts here, silly goose."

"I told you to stop calling me that." Carlos huffed. When the kids were younger they went on vacation together all the time. At one of the resorts Carlos tried to befriend a goose and... it didn't go as plan. "How does he look? Is he hideous?"

"He can see you." The boy in the pink said to the boy in leather. Lee snorted at his jab but then realized that Carlos didn't hear them.

"No he can't." Julie replied to the 'ghost' and made Carlos turn around confused. "What?" He asked. He's probably worried for his sister. She's definitely going crazy.

"Uh..." Julie looked at Lee but she was trying to figure out what Carlos meant by 'ghost', "What do you want?" She asked her brother.

"A normal sister, for starters." Ooh, burn. "Stop being weird and come eat. Lee, dad made an extra plate for you." Carlos informed before he left the studio.

"He couldn't see you." Julie motioned towards the boys once the coast was clear.

"Yeah. I mean, that's... usually how ghosts work." The one in pink explained.

"Is this a prank or something?" Four pairs of eyes turned to Julie's best friend. "Are you guys trying to prank me? 'Cause I can see you." She turned to her 'sister' and motioned out the door, "What was Carlos talking about when he said ghosts?"

"You can see us too?" The boy with black hair asked. He seems adorable.

Caroline started walking to them, "Do you want me to play along? Wow, ghosts are so scary!" She tried to walk through them but it didn't work and she bumped shoulders with the guy with brown hair.

"I knew ghosts weren't real!" She turned to Julie with her fist pumped in the air, "Did Carlos convince you to do this to get back at the 'goose' incident?"

Julie stood there with her mouth agape. Not moments before Lee came here did Julie push her hand right through their stomachs. Without warning, she walked up to the boy Lee bumped into and punched him in the gut. Only, unlike Lee, her hand went through, "That tickled."