thirty seven.

THE CULLENS NEED to gather witnesses—need people on their side so the Volturi will see that Renesmee isn't what they think she is

Esme and Carlisle are going to London to find an old friend.

Jordyn, Bella, Edward, Jacob and Renesmee are going to Alaska to speak with the Denali coven.

Everyone is packing as the sound of heavy footsteps approach, along with the scent of a shapeshifter.

Everyone goes outside to see what Sam needs, he hands Carlisle a note, "Alice wanted me to give this to you." His deep voice says, sounding almost apologetic, "She and Jasper crossed the border last night, on their way to the ocean."

Carlisle closes the note with a sigh.

"What is it?" Esme asks, worried about her two children.

"They're gone. They've left." He answers simply.

"For what reason?" Rosalie asks harshly, why did they leave in this time of need?

"It does not say." Carlisle sighs.

Bella asks for the note, examining the paper. It has been ripped out of one of her favorite books, Alice did it on purpose, she knows it.

Jordyn steps towards Bella, curious as to why she suddenly looks so utterly confused. She lightly grasps Bellas hand.

A sudden wave of thoughts that aren't Jordyns flash through her head, thoughts about Edward and other things Jordyn wouldn't even imagine thinking—the same happening to Bella.

Jordyn gasps and drops Bellas hand, the girls share a look.

The moment is so quick and minor that no one seemed to notice.

***

A SLEEK CAR drives through the snow and mountains of Alaska.

The view is breathtaking, but Jordyn tries not to look because of her fear of heights, the one fear that didn't go away with her new immortality. She keeps her eyes on her book.

"You think these people'll help?" Jordyn asks, looking up at Bella who sits in the front seat.

Bella furrows her eyebrows, creating a little 𝓋 in between them, "Why wouldn't they?"

"Uh," Jordyn says in a 'duh' tone, "did you not hear the story Carlisle told us about immortal children? Their mother literally got killed because of one."

"But she's not one." Bella retorts.

"No but she looks like one. They'll all assume, just like Irina did." Jordyn sneers the name.

"Once we explain it to them they'll understand." Bella says reassuringly.

Jordyn hums.

The car comes to a stop in front of a large cabin like house.

The Denalis accepted Renesmee quickly, after she showed them the truth, and they agreed to join alongside the Cullens.

Over the course of the next few days, more people arrive, Like Amun and his coven, Seena and Zafrina, and Garrett, who has taken a liking to Kate.

Carlisle has managed to get his friends from Ireland to come to Forks, they don't like Jacob too much and that drew Jordyn closer to them, sharing their disdain.

The only problem with their allies are their appetites, it worries the Cullens and the wolves, though everyone promises to not hunt in Forks or anywhere near it.

Everyone is also a little hesitant to Jordyn at first, her being the mate of one of the kings and all, but once they get to know her, they love her.

edited:11/25/22